What Sounder To Buy?

ACZ

hey all,

having problems with my x126 lowrance and i think it is time to get a new sounder...can anyone tell me a good sounder for offshore application preferably dual frequency and upwards of 300rms of output power ...been searching around recently and have found the furuno LS4100 and the LS6100....does ne one have these...r they good sounders?

cheers

alex

hey all,

having problems with my x126 lowrance and i think it is time to get a new sounder...can anyone tell me a good sounder for offshore application preferably dual frequency and upwards of 300rms of output power ...been searching around recently and have found the furuno LS4100 and the LS6100....does ne one have these...r they good sounders?

cheers

alex

Hey mate, you can get yourself a Raymarine DS400x for around $500, 500 watts rms and colour.

Great units, I have the 500x and the only difference is the screen size. These raymarine units are the best of their class in my opinion.

Did alot of research and was considering buying the 4100 but got the raymarine instead. The 400 raymarine has more features then the 4100, better pixel rating and more power and its all in a colour sounder. The only thing the furuno has is the 5 inch screen where the raymarine has the 3.5 inch but the DS500x has a 5 inch screen also.

Cant go wrong.

Menai marine sells them for $500

Edited by netic

Hey mate, you can get yourself a Raymarine DS400x for around $500, 500 watts rms and colour.

Great units, I have the 500x and the only difference is the screen size. These raymarine units are the best of their class in my opinion.

Did alot of research and was considering buying the 4100 but got the raymarine instead. The 400 raymarine has more features then the 4100, better pixel rating and more power and its all in a colour sounder. The only thing the furuno has is the 5 inch screen where the raymarine has the 3.5 inch but the DS500x has a 5 inch screen also.

Cant go wrong.

Menai marine sells them for $500

yeah was thinking bout getting the ds400x...fits the budget and is colour...the main problem i have with sounders is their depth capability...they say 500m but they dont get any where near that... usually fish offshore near plonk hole and that so need the power to sound in that depth....does it sound well in deep water say 100m plus?

cheers

alex

Edited by ACZ

To be honest i havent tried that deep. But i have mates that do regurlary and they have nothing but good things to say about them and with 500 rms watts you cant get much stronger for the price

To be honest i havent tried that deep. But i have mates that do regurlary and they have nothing but good things to say about them and with 500 rms watts you cant get much stronger for the price

thanx mate...yeah i think ill settle 4 the ds400x... can work with the smaller screen size if it means digital colour 4 the same price as the furuno