Sydney International Boat Show

domza

Is anyone else planning on going to the boat show next weekend?

I will be going to get my boat licence done

Hi Domza,

How long does it take to get your licence? I heard you have to do a practical test now too?

My mate is going up to the boat show and he is keen to get his licence. If you know much about what is happening up there some info would be much appreciated.

I'll be going, just not sure which day yet. I'm going to get me a sounder/gps unit.

:beersmile: Stallo

i am going to go there on Thursday. BOM is saying rain on the weekend and i reckon the boat show in rain is the pits, well i guess it is for the floating marina, not so for the undercover stuff. Will be fantastic this year and with the downturn in boat sales, you can expect a few good deals to be there by the end of the show.

Hi Domza,

How long does it take to get your licence? I heard you have to do a practical test now too?

My mate is going up to the boat show and he is keen to get his licence. If you know much about what is happening up there some info would be much appreciated.

I'll be going, just not sure which day yet. I'm going to get me a sounder/gps unit.

:beersmile: Stallo

Originaly they were suppose to change the rules to make it a practical test as of jan06. This soon changed to a compulsary seminar(which can be done online) which was suppose to go ahead as of 1st of july..I recently checked the waterways/maritime website and it seems they have changed it yet again to the start of October. You can check all details here.

I would think it takes less then 30minutes to get it done, and i think theres something like 35 questions?

For more information go to the maritime website

I will be going out Sunday and taking my son

Hope to put a deposit on the Bertram 67 with an enclosed flybridge if they have one in stock :074:

All ways look forword to a day at the Boat Show. You can always be guranteed of running into some one you know.

Cheers