Hawkesbury Spots

gafmo

Sarcasm, sarcasm :thumbdown: Come on guys, you know better than that - help the bloke out :-)

Ok, gafmo - here's what you need to figure out.

1. What do you want to catch? If your response to this is 'anything' - then any stretch of water will do.

2. Get your fishing basics right (i.e) do you have the right bait, burley etc...hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs!

Remember sufficient time spent fishing will put you onto YOUR own spot. I'll give you one of mine - try the Brooklyn road bridge at Kangaroo Point.

Obviously, if you do have a boat, your access to fish is virtually limitless. Give us more info and I'm sure we can get you catching more fish!

Cheers,

Ash

Edited by ozeash

Thanks for the helpful tips.

I am just a bloke that likes to fish for relaxation and hope to at least get a meal now and again. Bream and flathead are my favourite meal.

Being my first time on a fishing forum I am sorry for my prying question, but I was only needing to know if the west or the east side of the bridges was the most favoured area, not your secret spots.

Thanks again for some spots and I accept the fact that maybe I was out of order to some.

GAFMO

G'day gafmo,

I myself have only ever fished east of the bridge, not to say that there isn't fish west of it.

All the spots mentioned by swansea_fisho will produce for you and these are mainly the spots that I fish.

I should give the other side of the bridge a go but I wouldn't know where to start.

Regards

Paul

for bream and flathead mate i would have to say stick west of the bridge places to target would be

the vines ,bar point, bar island, spencer, coba point, joe crafts creek, calabash bay.

good luck mate

Good Bream off barrenjoey, flathead on the drift outside of lions island, sambos at the heads, tailor trolling inside of lions island, squid where ever you find some weed, and jews near the structures ... thats all i know but i'd prefer to fish off sydney harbour any day

Good Bream off barrenjoey, flathead on the drift outside of lions island, sambos at the heads, tailor trolling inside of lions island, squid where ever you find some weed, and jews near the structures ... thats all i know but i'd prefer to fish off sydney harbour any day

good luck let me know what structures bcause i want to go get some.

or do you mean the bridge pylons that never seem to produce

PM your secret structures if you can.

thanks James

• 3 weeks later...

gafmo i have found the best spot 4 bream this time of the year (any time really) is flint n steel fish 100m out from marker (on the rocks) if u have a sonder just look 4 the drop 100m out and best bait pillies. heaps of berly and get ur bait 2 the bottom and let ur bait roll on the bottom. Good luck

:wacko: What sections of the Hawhesbury River gets results at this time of the year.

There are a few videos / DVD available on fishing the Hawksbury. Check out your local tackle store.

The one I found interesting was made several years ago by Bruce Schumacher.

Also there is a guy , John from Barr Point who reports on Hi Tide each Saturday. He is normally on between 4.30 am & 5.30am

The reports appear genuine , if good he identifies the spots , if the fishing is crap , he will say so (stay in bed)

Hope this helps

Geoff