Brisbane Waters

noah

morning all

was thinking of a day off soon and maybe going to B/W used to go to Hardy,s Bay along time a go just after the bread and butter fish -flatties ,bream, whiting

1 where in the system is worth a try

2 can you pump nippers anywhere

ta in advance and have a good day all

morning all

was thinking of a day off soon and maybe going to B/W used to go to Hardy,s Bay along time a go just after the bread and butter fish -flatties ,bream, whiting

1 where in the system is worth a try

2 can you pump nippers anywhere

ta in advance and have a good day all

Noah

The B/W is a place I know very well. The water is very cold and clear at the moment and so the fishing is pretty slow. The best places I find are the sand flats and the drop off line at Saratoga as well as the oyster lease on the railway side at the northern end of Paddy's Channel. The Rip bridge is always worth a throw but be prepared to work hard at this time of the year to find a few fish and get a feed.

There are a few spots to pump nippers but the nippers are few and far between as they get a fair working over throughout the year. Try the sand flat opposite the oyster lease described above. Also try SP's along the edge of the oyster leases as I have caught a lot of bream and flathead using SP's, especially twitcher nippers, shads and grubs.

Good luck and I hope you leave a few behind for me.

Tim

Noah

The B/W is a place I know very well. The water is very cold and clear at the moment and so the fishing is pretty slow. The best places I find are the sand flats and the drop off line at Saratoga as well as the oyster lease on the railway side at the northern end of Paddy's Channel. The Rip bridge is always worth a throw but be prepared to work hard at this time of the year to find a few fish and get a feed.

There are a few spots to pump nippers but the nippers are few and far between as they get a fair working over throughout the year. Try the sand flat opposite the oyster lease described above. Also try SP's along the edge of the oyster leases as I have caught a lot of bream and flathead using SP's, especially twitcher nippers, shads and grubs.

Good luck and I hope you leave a few behind for me.

Tim

thanks mate just need to take the boat out and hopefully catch something just don,t know where to go was even conmtemplating Port Hacking but never been out there.my insurance policy on the boat has down months on it that is I nominate months I don,t take it out June and July were long months

.my insurance policy on the boat has down months on it that is I nominate months I don,t take it out June and July were long months

Noah,

With my insurance I have also nominated a month where I don't use the boat. My month is july.

It was a looooooooooong month. I couldn't imagine doing it for 2 months.

That is the reason why I did a bit of land based fishing last month. Just to get out there and wet a line was good.

I don't think I will nominate a month next year as those 31 days just seemed to drag on and on.

And I missed some beutiful days of fishing all to save a couple of $

Regards

Paul.

Noah,

With my insurance I have also nominated a month where I don't use the boat. My month is july.

It was a looooooooooong month. I couldn't imagine doing it for 2 months.

That is the reason why I did a bit of land based fishing last month. Just to get out there and wet a line was good.

I don't think I will nominate a month next year as those 31 days just seemed to drag on and on.

And I missed some beutiful days of fishing all to save a couple of $

Regards

Paul.

I know what you mean you then have problems with stale fuel flat batteries etc but I like fishing through the night and gets a bit cold. where do you do your fishing if I can ask

I do most of my fishing in the Hawksbury system (Juno, Barrenjoey, Cowan Creek, Patonga, Lion Island)

I have just started fishing in Brisbane Waters but have no idea about any of the spots there as of yet as I have only been there the once and am still sussing the area out.

Regards

Paul.

I do most of my fishing in the Hawksbury system (Juno, Barrenjoey, Cowan Creek, Patonga, Lion Island)

I have just started fishing in Brisbane Waters but have no idea about any of the spots there as of yet as I have only been there the once and am still sussing the area out.

Regards

Paul.

is cowan any good at the moment at least you can get out of the wind my problem being my boat is a centre console

Due to my insurance I haven't had the boat on the water in the last month.

So I can't help you there I am afraid. But as you say it is sheltered.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

You can pump nippers on the other side of the Gos Railway bridge, always seem to be plenty there.

I also like Paddy's and The Rip, but the Rip can get crowded. Also there are heaps of oyster leases about but not all are in use - so a fish finder is good to have a squiz at whats about before tying off or anchoring.

As for sand flats, try Patanga creek. Bit of a drive but I've pulled out huge lizards thare, in the 2-3kg size (landbased spinning snd on SP's). I reckon a drift there would go off!!

Ant.