Beginers Luck Part 3...... Now With Pic

Red

G'day Raiders,

I still cannot believe what happen to me last night. An truly unforgettable and unbelievable experience.

Something was urging me to go for a jew spin so i made a few calls and got managed to lure my brother in law (Gabe) and my great fishing buddy and good luck charm Jewie James (JJ) away from their heated lounge rooms.

The plan was to try a "hardbody only" jew session. JJ has had lots of hardbody jewfish success over the years but Gabe and i had never tried it. So off we went to a local bridge in the Georges. Whilst Gabe was rigging up, JJ fires his first cast and i follow with my first cast as well. Three turns of the handle and i feel an unmistakable bump followed by BANG!! :1yikes::1yikes:

I completely lost my mind and could not believe what was happening to me. My first ever cast at jewfish on a hardbody and i'm on big time! This fish was in control early, screaming line off the Chronarch and my Daiwa Battler rod was bending hard under heavy drag. This combo is definately getting buried with me when my will gets updated i can assure you :1prop:

Gabe abandons his rigging and bolts over with the torch and after a 5 minute slog, JJ carefully grabs the fish from the gill cover.

WOO HOOOOO! High fives and hugs allround. The fish measured 115cm and estimated at somewhere around 12-13kg. Not our biggest jew but its one that i will never forget. I always dreamt of one on a hardbody and my dreams came true in the most extra-ordinary fashion.

JJ reckons my ass is so big, a semi trailer can do a U turn on it :074:

Thanks for reading this report. I just wanted to share this with you and i hope a similar miracle happens to you. Its the most special feeling i have felt since the birth of my first child. Bloody amazing night :yahoo:

Regards

Red

Edited by Red

Stewy, i can arrange pics. I never take a camera fishing but JJ did, so the excitement was captured on the spot. I took pics with a digi cam when we got home. A pic will be posted when i can find someone to reduce it.

CFD, i have truly lost my mind over last nights events! It's so unbelievable and i expect lots of doubters. Those who know me, know that i don't tell BS over fish. Luckily i have 3 witnesses, namely JJ, Gabe and a 115cm jewie :074: It sure feels like a dream but.

I had so much trouble sleeping last night and my mind has been absent all day. JJ now hates me with a passion and does not want to fish with me for a while. There goes my good luck charm :(

Regards

Red

Hi Red.

Well done mate - bloody awesome - Super Tops.

I have been trying in the Georges for 2 years now - Got hundreds in the river

over 10 years with bait but cannot seem to nail one on a lure. Have about $300

worth of lures dedicated to jew but zilch. Can I ask a couple of simple questions

please.

Was it night time?

Was the tide running out or in?

If it was at night was the bridge lit up?

Did you aim for the bridge or a bit further out?

Dont mean to bug but any info would be an amazing help.

Caongrats again. :1fishing1:

Hello FF,

Firstly, I am no expert. Lets get that straight. This was indeed my first time doing Hardbody jewfishing.

It was dark and the tide was running out. Mid tide infact which JJ reckons was even more bizzare. The bridge was lit and the casts were aimed at the edge of the shadow. All that aside, the only real advise i can give you is to "fish with confidence". It plays a major role. I always try to take a confident approach to all my fishing and it pays. When i feel crap i catch bugger all. JJ reckons its the positive vibrations you emitt that makes things happen. I know first hand that his theory has its merits.

Keep at it

Red

When i feel crap i catch bugger all.

Then how come I only catch my best fish when I'm hungover or half asleep? :1prop:

Great stuff Red...I'm now thinking about the Abu 6000 I was looking at today...hmmm...

...all this talk of jewies on lures is getting dangerous! :biggrin2:

Mike

mate well done, never really caught a jew on a lure besides schoolies on squidgies that are being worked by the current, and not by myself.

true to that vibe get up you got going i really believe that because it took a while for me to grab my first big fella but once i got that first one it seemed to get easier as my confidence rose.

on that ABU i had the 7500 version and gee it gave me hassles i ran the ABU with 2 6500 shimano s the shimano s are smooth and have a beautiful drag on them, never have given me hassles i have 3 now after the ABU ended up in the drink. The drag locked up whilst i was onto a good jew and lost him so i donated it to the waters of the hawkesbury.

i recommend to steer clear anyway.

G`day Fellas ,

RED , firstly congats on your Fish.

Now , go to the link below , and download this small program called irfanview .

http://www.irfanview.com/

Install the program ( it`s simple ) then all you do then is to to open the photo with this program .

Then ,you can resize your own photos in a heartbeat , plus you can also adjust the contrast ans colour as well.

Try It , and you will be amazed how easy it is to use.

Mick

Congrats on a great fish on lure Red

ps. I have found that if you are using windows xp you can resize the photos simply by right clicking on the photo file and select "send to mail recipient"

Then this will give you an option to reduce the size of the picture. I then just email the pic to my self as the smaller size and then save the picture to the desk top. I just find this a simpler way of doing it with out any other programs.

Regards

Paul.

Congrats Red, great stuff, but I'm cursing you for getting it so easy!!! I only have one question, and it's no worries if you don't want to answer, but what lure did ya get him on? I have had some success with plastics, but would love to get one on a HB (ideally on a big topwater, but that might be pushing it!). My guess would be to use deep diving barra lures?

Cheers,

Ben

Cheers guys,

Thanks heaps for the photo tips and the touch up. Much appreciated.

wakd, the lure was a big Bomber in bananafish colours. I will try a popper next time. I'm sure they will work too.

I don't know what i have done to deserve this insane luck but when my dry spell comes, i can assure you it will be the drought of all droughts :1prop: Pure arse can only get you so far :biggrin2:

JJ is adamant that this is my season and that this incredible run will continue......hope he's right. I'm just enjoying my fishing and have taken lots of good fish in my day but none more memorable than my first jew on HB. Someone please pinch me!

I didn't want it to happen this way because it is soooo not deserved but what the heck........i will take it.

Best regards and good luck to all

Red

Ah RED whats doing mate. Well done. ANOTHER cracker fish. You come with me one night for a jew session and I reckon its the only night you have failed to get a bloody Jewie, lol. You kept sayn all night how comfy my boat was, maybe that was the problem. We were toooo comfy, lol.

Ah well with the 5m CC that I have now thats one thing we wont be complaining about so maybe next time there may be a fish for me hey, hehehe.

Congrats again man I know how much you love these fish dude.

cheers Jas!

CONGRATS Red, awsome fish on a hardbody, and on your first cast :thumbup:

if i were you id be going with your gut instinct all the time. you talk about it being arse but you should be puting it down to your effort to get out there on a cold night and chase the buggers...just reward for your efforts mate.

enjoy the moment.

I'm beginning to think it's more than luck. Congratulations.

Flattieman.

Cheers Flattie. I somehow think you are right. Personally, i do believe in good luck charms and JJ is easily the best one i've had. He has been there to witness it all and without him this lucky streak would not be possible.

Jewnut and all, thanks for your words. I've been walking around with this stupid grin on my face all day....some of you will understand. Just so over the moon with this particular fish. Usually i do very little fishing in the winter but this winter has been unforgettable. I certainly will be doing lots more winter fishing in the years ahead :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

Thanks Pitty.

Went back down to the bridge and fired the first cast.........nothing!

About 100 casts later i get a solid BUMP...BUMP, but failed to hook him up. Looks like the lucky run is over for now :(

I was greatful to have an opportunity but couldn't handle the freezing cold any longer, so gave up early due to frozen hands and feet :1prop: It was bitterly cold!

Looking forward to having another session very soon.

Cheers

Red