Ice Box / Esky Help

Tom Tom

I'm looking for a Ice Box for the boat (WxLXH) Min 50cm = 45x 76x32 (cm).

The limiting factor is the height of 32cm.

Why only H=32cm, due top the Quintrex back seat ! From the floor to under the seat its only 32cm high. The length between legs is 76cm so the length is not a problem, and the width of 45 or 50cm is not an issue.

Can you guys suggest a brand that is only 32cm high?

Minium capacity needed is 60L.

Edited by Tom Tom

Mate, I think you got buckley's, I doubt that something with those dimensions will hold a minimum of 60 litres.

You will need to get something custom built but again, with only a maximum overall height of 32cms the ice box will need to be longer and wider than the area you have to play with.

Cant you fold the seat down out of the way when you are fishing? Better still take it out, get a bigger ice box than what you originally wanted and use it as a seat.

Thats what I use as a helm seat on my boat, I simply made up a removable padded top that goes on the lid and its extremely comfortable, best of all it looks just like a bought one. I cant remember the dimensions of mine but the brand is Icey-Tek, it's capacity is 70 litres and holds ice for over a week in the searing heat.

post-1921-1154928776_thumb.jpg

Edited by cap3

Yes,

I was hopeing for the impossible I know.

It looks like the existing seat will have to go, and will need to buy a esky with a seat, the dimensions

approx L100 x H420 X W500.

What type, Fibroglass (EvaKool) or the Polymer stuff (tropical)? Please will need to sit on this, so needs to be strong.

post-2277-1154931162_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom Tom

Tom,

From memory my fish/icebox is around 850mm long x 500mm wide and close to 450mm high.

It is made from an extremely hard and durable poly material similar to the orange coloured Tropical iceboxes. I would definitely be looking at this material rather than fibreglass when being used for sitting.

I bought mine from Fish N Dive at Taren Point a few years ago but I'm sure if you do a qiuck Google search you can check out their website and maybe find some more distributors.

Edited by cap3

Hi Mate,

What i did is remove my back seat and put an ice box in its place which acts as a seat also, and it can be removed to put the seat back.

Just a thought

The pic doesnt show it very well but you can get the idea, my mate had his ice box done long and narrow where as i had mine done high and not so long

TomTom,

what type of quiny do you have.

i had the same problem.

I dont know if this will help or for what purpose you need the icebox, i use a cooler bag i got from km**t - fits under the seat - a bit tight but it fits.

sample here

Or

why not make one - just a thought

Guide here

Edited by Aron

Aron,

Your a legend, the DIY looks like my most economical option.

I have a Qunitrex 4.6m coast runner, with no storage space what so ever.

As soon as you get 3 guys on it with a Ice box, tackel boxs, rods and some food etc its all over, no more space to move.

The 4.8m has a storage compartment under the floor, the 4.6m don't. I don't know what the logic is behind this?

The one of the main functions of these boats is to fish. Right.

So why is there no storage compartments for a Ice Box, tackle box (inbuilt). Qunitrex couldn't give a rats, nor could there sister Stacer.

Their arogance at their dealership highlights their lack of knowledge and or Couldn't give a rats attitude.

Another example the new Stacer Sun master - 4.6m, 4.8m etc Why would anyone want a 500mm transom, would you klike mopre cabin space instead. The design does not take into consideration the user requirements.

Sorry to go to on, but this needs to be said.

Guest BBM Rick

Mate, the Tropical Icebox range is the stuff!!! We sell them here at BBM, and the rep is a mad fisho, he has as much gear as me!!!! You will not be dissapointed. ( I have 2 )!!

Aron,

Your a legend, the DIY looks like my most economical option.

I have a Qunitrex 4.6m coast runner, with no storage space what so ever.

As soon as you get 3 guys on it with a Ice box, tackel boxs, rods and some food etc its all over, no more space to move.

The 4.8m has a storage compartment under the floor, the 4.6m don't. I don't know what the logic is behind this?

The one of the main functions of these boats is to fish. Right.

So why is there no storage compartments for a Ice Box, tackle box (inbuilt). Qunitrex couldn't give a rats, nor could there sister Stacer.

Their arogance at their dealership highlights their lack of knowledge and or Couldn't give a rats attitude.

Another example the new Stacer Sun master - 4.6m, 4.8m etc Why would anyone want a 500mm transom, would you klike mopre cabin space instead. The design does not take into consideration the user requirements.

Sorry to go to on, but this needs to be said.

Hi Tom Tom

I have a 480 freedomsport, so i guess im lucky as i have under floor storage, but i tell you it still get cramped with all the gear - and no matter how much storage you have it will still never be enough.

Here is a link to some fibreglass matting if you are serious about making your own, i dont know how much $$ this stuff retails at but you may save a bit

Click here

cheers

Aron