Okuma Epix

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

lots of stainless bearings look pretty sturdy.... feel safer getting 6500b shimano.... has anyone tried one of these..

I've got the Epix baitrunner in the 40 size, it is excellent,very smooth and balanced.

I've just bought another Okuma a Inspiron 30 (11 stainless bearings) Most of my reels are shimano but you are now paying for the name, getting too expensive the Okuma have impressed me, price is good and they seem to be top quality.

I've had the Epix for 3 years now and it works like a charm no regrets at all.

Do a search, this comparison has been spoken about a lot. I have 5 Okuma and 3 Shimano baitrunners. As far as baitrunners are concerned, the Shimano feels a lot more solid and the drags will handle heavier line easily, up to 10 kg on the 45 and 6500's.

Howard.

I have the Okuma Epix and can't fault it as of yet.

Have had it for a little over 6 months.

It is a very smooth operation.

I found it to be well priced also.

Regards

Paul.

I've got a couple of Okuma's both epix's. Bought them when they first came a couple of years ago and thought I'd give them ago. Although I don't use them now they were a pretty good looking reel. Having said

that as someone above pointed out they don't take much to chip or scratch the surface paint which is bit of a downer. Otherwise their performance were pretty "fair" with no major failures or breakdowns.