Port Kembla

abiasin

Hi guys just got back home from fishing down kembla,

Got out at about 5am to find no wind and dead flat conditions outside. Pulled up anchor along side the breakwall and proceeded to pull up yakka after yakka after slimie.

After getting enough bait we proceeded to troll around pig and toothbrush islands for zippo.

Anchored on the shore side of toothbrush to flick some soft plastics around for a bit and managed a few 45cm pike which were heaps of fun on light gear.

From there we went back to pig island for a bit of jigging and then drifted around for 15 minutes with a couple of squids and yakka baits on the bottom and an unweighted pillie on the surface.

the pillie was first to take off and the rod started to show promise only to loose the fish quite close to the boat. unfortunately we didnt get it close enouh to see what it was.

The my 24kg outfit gets a neat little bend in it and my tld25 starts to scream with whatever it was running for dear life, after about 30 seconds of running the hooks were spat and the opportunity lost. My belief was it was a reasonable sized kingy as it took a big squid and it ran so hard and was making haste for the reef furiously. the boats beside us managed a few kings and reds of reasonable size.

shame i didnt get to find out what it was but with the action that there was today with only 17 degree water bodes well for summer.

All in all a great day on the water great way to spend a few lazy hours on a saturday.

Cheers,

post-1830-1155361587_thumb.jpg

post-1830-1155361600_thumb.jpg

Never mind, KTID. There's always next time. At least you caught some pike :).

Flattieman.

Wow - I recently broke the 1000 posts mark! I'm an ADDICTED MEMBER! :1yikes: GO FISHRAIDER!!!

Good work and congrats Flattieman. 1000 posts!! Yes,...you ARE addicted :yahoo:

Pete.

congrats on the 1000 mate.

still 980+ for me to reach 1000......still lots to catch up with u flattieman :biggrin2:

hopefully i will have my first report soon........maybe i should call in sick very soon

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I wouldn't have wasted 1000 posts on anything but the premier site in Sydney and everyone here makes Fishraider what it is.

Flattieman.

mate at least you had a bit of action.

did you use the pike as bait?

i love it when i get my hands on live pike and so do the jews

yeah we used the pike but the best bait yesterday for me was squid none stop touches but mostly off pests.

oh well cant wait for that warmer water thats for sure. get me a big kingie this season.

yeah we used the pike but the best bait yesterday for me was squid none stop touches but mostly off pests.

oh well cant wait for that warmer water thats for sure. get me a big kingie this season.

definately thats what im banking on cause im goin to try again this weekend i think weather permitting and this time im gonna nail them got my downrigger set up so kingies watch out.