Norah Canyons

swansea_fisho

Hey fellas

After a tough few weeks its good to be back on Fishraider and out on the water :biggrin2: ,

Woke up at the crack of dawn yesterday, looked outside not a puff of wind, checked rang up the the Coast guard and Off I went. Picked my mate up on the way. Hit the water dead on 6:30am, felt soooo good to be back out there :thumbup: . Proceeded over the bar and made our way down the coast with Norah Canyons in mind. Got out to the shelf a slight south easter was creating some small chop. Bait on the sounder but nothing feeding on them, but did pick up a dozen Slimies. The wind kept decreasing and by the time we arrived at The canyons it was like glass. Trolled for about an hour no sign of any YFT a few hits small Stripies the suspects although my mate Aaron did get spooled on his Baitrunner and 20lb Braid :wacko: . Defrosted a few bags of Pillies and began cubing. half an hour into our cubing session and something began striping line of my mates Tld. After a solid fight a 20kg Yellowfin was in the boat we were stoked! :1yikes: .

After a few hours of cubing and not much sucess we were thinking about moving and My TLD :1prop: was sizzling, what ever it was it wasn't happy and after about half a dozen solid runs 13kg of Albacore came to the surface. Just as Aaron had gaffed the fish, he had hooked upto another Yellowfin breaking the 20kg barrier. :yahoo: .A few hours later changed tactics and dropped baits to the very deep bottom. Both Aaron and myself decided to wimp out after a couple of drops but did manage to land 2 gemfish and a sea perch. Trolled back in,one strike which didn't stay connected,another Stripie we reckon. Trolled our way upto Moon island for a solid Bonito and a undersize King.

Great day out on the water was and was my first run to the shelf in my new boat. Handled like a dream. Hopefully will be hitting Sydney in the next few weeks and would love to catchup with some fellow Fishraiders... All the best guys Steve

PS Pictures will be be up ASAP

WOW what a report swanseafisho, Congratulations. I fishing near Cabbage Tree bay yesterday and I was trying to find some action on the 2-way I don't recall what station it was but out of curiousity man did you say "This is swanseafisho any raiders around or something along the lines of that? It was about 8:00 in the morning. Sorry to be nosey,Nathan

WOW what a report swanseafisho, Congratulations. I fishing near Cabbage Tree bay yesterday and I was trying to find some action on the 2-way I don't recall what station it was but out of curiousity man did you say "This is swanseafisho any raiders around or something along the lines of that? It was about 8:00 in the morning. Sorry to be nosey,Nathan

Gday mate,

Yep that was me :1prop:

Its great to finally find some raiders from up around this area :biggrin2:

Steve

Gday mate,

Yep that was me :1prop:

Its great to finally find some raiders from up around this area :biggrin2:

Steve

Certainly is man. Do you know of any other members from this area? Sorry to be a nuisance what type of boat where you in? Because you mentioned you fished around Moon Island I was fishing the Bombora near Reids head I might of seen you. Although there were alot of boats out there lolz?

thanks mate, Can't wait until the blugger sends them through too me. I think it time to invest in a knew camera hehe :1prop:

Nathan, White Quintrex with a Blue canopy mate, your not wrong Moon Island was chockers we nearly had to cue up to have a Troll hehe

I am pretty sure I saw you man, You had tackle shop full of rods on your Rocket launcher was that you? lolz?