Which Sounder To Buy?

ACZ

hey

im in the process of buy a new sounder and have been tossng btn the raymarine ds400x, the humminbrd matrix 77C and the furuno LS4100....however rang up whitworths and they dont sell the raymarine sounder anymore as they have stopped the production line on them...so its a toss btn the humminbrd matrix 77C and the furuno LS4100...colour versus mono for double the price...any one used these sounders b4?...any help is greatly appreciated!....

cheers

alex

hey

im in the process of buy a new sounder and have been tossng btn the raymarine ds400x, the humminbrd matrix 77C and the furuno LS4100....however rang up whitworths and they dont sell the raymarine sounder anymore as they have stopped the production line on them...so its a toss btn the humminbrd matrix 77C and the furuno LS4100...colour versus mono for double the price...any one used these sounders b4?...any help is greatly appreciated!....

cheers

alex

Hey mate, the Raymarine 400x would be the best unit out of the lot, much more power and a good pixel rating.....i know where you can get them for $500 brand new...pm me if your interested

I've got the Furuno LS6100 and its a great sounder. Gives good range in both shallow and deep water.

I also have a Furuno GPS and I am more than satisfied with their performance and reliability. I've used mine in 300mts of water and still get a good bottom picture (Dual Freq).

Just remember the sounder is only as good as the transducer! Make sure it is mounted correctly, otherwise

your sounder is not worth a pinch of *%#@.

I've got the Furuno LS6100 and its a great sounder. Gives good range in both shallow and deep water.

I also have a Furuno GPS and I am more than satisfied with their performance and reliability. I've used mine in 300mts of water and still get a good bottom picture (Dual Freq).

Just remember the sounder is only as good as the transducer! Make sure it is mounted correctly, otherwise

your sounder is not worth a pinch of *%#@.

Mate any chance giving me a free lesson on the Furuno :wacko:

Go The 400X Mate.

I bought mine off e-bay for $480 inc freight. The unit bangs out 500w at the transducer and with Raymarines digital technology the resolution is great. I've interfaced mine to my GPS which now gives position, SOG, COG data etc. Apart from a fairly small screen size 5 1/2inch it has all the functions of the high end units. Check out e-bay if your chasing one good luck!