Stanwell/coalcliff Rocks

domza

me and my mates are keen to go fishing together for the first time..we are restricted to land based fishing and was considering going off the rocks at coalcliff. has anyone been there lately and can give any positive or negative reports about it? or does anyone know other spots with the same kind of access as coalcliffs rocks?

There are plenty of places where access is good but most are in National Park Areas.

Norther Headland of Botany Bay ( Cape Banks). Drive towards La Parouse and turn left into the national park/NSW golf club. Not far along this road turn left again and follow it until you reach a car park outside the pistol club. An easy walf of about 500m meters along the track heading south will put you on Cape Banks.

Souther Headland Botany Bay. (Cape Solander). Drive to botany and drive into Cape Solander Nation Park. Drive along this raod about 5Kl and turn left into an area posted as Yenna picnic area. Park hear and you are about 50m from the water.

Garie. (Royal National Park). Drive into the RNP follow this road at fair way possibly 10-15Kl and you will see left hand turn offsa to Watamulla and further along Garie Beach. Follow this road all the awy to a car park right on the beach. The rock platform on the North of this beach is good. If you walk South you will need to around the first headland to find an accessable fishing spot.

Be Safe

Coalcliff is covered in the Sydneys Top Fishing Spots mag which has recently been reprinted,I'd be carefull though as there a a few low spots down that part of the coast. National Parks good as well although I don't bother much now they lock every thing up at night.Enougth bread or bran for burley and you should catch something practicly anywhere

Regards Charlie

me and my mates are keen to go fishing together for the first time..we are restricted to land based fishing and was considering going off the rocks at coalcliff. has anyone been there lately and can give any positive or negative reports about it? or does anyone know other spots with the same kind of access as coalcliffs rocks?

hey buddy try kurnell at the entrance to the national park you gotta walk a mile or so then down thwe cliff face but its an awesome spot with 4 or 5 types of fish there and beautiful views,but it can get rough and bit dangerous so becareful

G'day Domza.

You might want to try Coalcliff beach itself. There is a lot of broken reef in with the sand but if you can put up with the occasional lost rig it is a top Jewie spot at this time of year. :biggrin2:

Try fishing a rising tide around dusk a week before the the full moon or the week after the new moon with fresh squid or live yakkas & you might get a big suprise!

Cheers,

hey buddy try kurnell at the entrance to the national park you gotta walk a mile or so then down thwe cliff face but its an awesome spot with 4 or 5 types of fish there and beautiful views,but it can get rough and bit dangerous so becareful

Any of you guys fished their before? Any better directions? What fish species can you catch their?

Cheers

George T :1fishing1:

I always used to fish there before i got my boat, it is my fav landbased spot.

you will get Salmon to 70cm, Tailor up to 65cm, Trevallies up to 50cm and also Slimies up to 40cm

In summer you will also get some good size kings there

One day i was there and the guy next to me caught a massice Trev that must of been 70-80cm.

Great spot and it is 1 of only a few landbased spots i will ever go to.