Sydney 21st August

KingsRule

Got the opportunity to go out with greg again on his boat :yahoo:

He picked me up about 6 & We started of by doing a troll along washaway for zilch, we decided to try north head might be a better shot, so lines in and we headed over,trolled around for a while without a hit, decided to venture outside seeing as the conditions were so good!. as soon as we got around the heads my rod goes off and im on :biggrin2:

After a fun little fight , in comes my 2nd ever bonnito, you beauty :yahoo:

bonnitoio3.th.jpg

By now the salmon were going nuts all over the place in one main school , fish all over tha place..but not on our hooks, after a lil bit of chasing & casting greg managed on little one on a 20g metal :1yikes:

Tolled around for nothing more and decided to go for a bait fish, started doing drifts around bluefish point , fist drift- 1 shovel nose

2nd drift few wrasse and the ever present flowerpots

3rd drift we went in a bit closer and got a small flatty, and then things got interesting, gregs rod takes off and i grab it :tease: after a awsome fight, Mr bronze whaler comes boatside before spitting the hook, baits down again and we get another scorching run, this time greg lands a nice little bronzie.

a few more dirfts resulted in a couple more sharks being lost and a few other reefies, then i got a nice bite and bang, few good ruins and i bring up my first morwong! you beauty.

After than things seemed to quieten down and onlky got a few more reefies and a big heavy port jackson , i thought i had a big cuttlefish on till i actually saw it haha.

By now it was about 3pm and time to head home as we had filled the esky :yahoo:

Zooming back past the heads the salmon were still at it, althought by now there was a few boats on them so we didnt even bother.

Little wind, tiny swelly & lots of fish, does it get any better?

post-1033-1156155620_thumb.jpg

Edited by KingsRule

Nice variety kingsrule, there's a few of those bronzies around at the moment, dont know how they taste

but they certainley stink. The difference between a cuttley and a port jackson is that the cuttley fights better

and is usefull :1prop:

Well done.A great catch.

I catch quite afew bronzies off the beach.

They are good eating but if not treated

properly they stink of ammonia.

As soon as you catch them kill,bleed and

gut them.The gutting part is very important.

Then put them in an ice slurry.Keeping them

cold is also very important.