Pb Flattie

humesy

Howdy all,

Very chuffed to be posting a report in this section and very stoked with this evening's catch.

Took off from work way earlier than I should have. I had a mountain of things to do and all my better judgement was telling me to get on with it.

Stuff it says I, there's always tomorrow. Karma was on my side from the beginning. On the way down the bush track down to the ol' fishing hole, some kind soul had hung my beanie that had fallen out of my pocket in the dark 2 weeks ago.

The ol' fishing hole (Upper middle harbour) was teeming with mullet the other night so I thought it might be worth a crack at a jewie. flicked a tsunami 5" shad thingie (I forget the names of these things) about for fifteen minutes, when felt a solid bump. Didn't feel much weight at first and wasn't sure what to call it. I put a little weight through the rod and heard that beautiful sound of drag taking off. Now where did I put that net. Aww nuts, over by the tree. Managed to keep the rod up and pressure on the line while sneaking up the bank 5 metres to grab the net. She took a few more runs and came into view after a minute or two. She ended up fighting for a couple more minutes before i finally slid the net underneath. :thumbup:

You'll have to take my word and i'll have to make a guess (no camera, scales or tape). 3-4kgs and 80 cm. A head on it like the proverbial shovel.

Absolutely stoked. Magnificent evening on the water and a thumper of a fish that swam off strongly to fight again.

No jewies about but I wasn't fussed by now.

Cheers :biggrin2:

Edited by humesy