Hypothetical Question

cap3

Hi everyone,

A hypothetical question:

I was looking at the pics from the Blackfish social at Lambeth Park and it got me thinking (now thats a dangerous thought) :1prop:

That boardwalk decking area most of you guys were fishing from was pretty crowded and resembled Pitt st during peak hour :1yikes: now this is my question, what would have happened if a member of the public just happened to be walking by and slipped on some green weed that had been carelesslly left out and hurt themselves, who would be liable?

The person using that weed? everyone in its immediate vicinity? or Fishraider due to it being an organised site event? It would be an absolute legal nightmare for all concerned if something like that happened.

With more events now being planned on the social calendar its probably a good thing to look into if it already hasn't :thumbup: As much as we all dont like to see accidents, they can happen but at least there will be the peice of mind that one wont have to deal with the financial burden as well.

Hi Cap, you do raise a good point but in all honesty i am sure that if someone was walking by any raider would move their weed.

I think you may be looking a little bit too much into it.

The same concerns about liability can be said about every aspect of life.

Take the photos and the social for what they are.

A fun time for a group of fisho's.

Its a public place and Fishraider are not negligent for the actions/misconduct of individuals.

Councils Public Liability would come into play and there would be limitations to the extent of the claim.

Thats my thoughts

Cheers

Martin

G'day All ,

As cap3 's question involves legal issues , which could affect future events , I think it would be wise to refrain from further comment at this time . The owners are at present seeking legal opinion on this matter , once we have a definate answer , we will inform you .

Ross