Kingfish

domza

When its fireing kingfish season (december, january) will I be able to get kings after dark?

I am mainly talking off the molineax wall at botany bay.

Im just curious but has anyone ever caught or witnessed someone catching kings at night? livebait, bait or lures...

When its fireing kingfish season (december, january) will I be able to get kings after dark?

I am mainly talking off the molineax wall at botany bay.

Im just curious but has anyone ever caught or witnessed someone catching kings at night? livebait, bait or lures...

mate i have seen them at night when fishing the breakwall down at port kembla for tailor. The were right at the end where it is lit up about 2 metres from the wall right on the surface. it was a school of kings around the 50-70cm mark.

My mates and i threw everything we had from squid, prawn, pillies, live yakkas, sluggos and every type of lure and soft plastic we had but they were not even remotley interested.

i dont see why they cant be caught though if they are hungry they will eat i reckon.

cheers.

You will get kings at night but not in the same numbers as daytime.

The biggest kingy i have seen caught was caught at night around 10 years ago in the bay around mol point.

All you can do is try and let us know how you go.

hi mate

u can catch kings at night and of good size last summer near the spit bridge me a nd me mate were getting kings at 2am in the morning we where catchin lives throwing hooks in them and throwing them back

this went on for about a month

so yes u can catch them at night

cheers miller :thumbup: