Jew Fishing

nick penprase

Hi All,

I am fairly new to this so be kind....

After fishing the Hawkesbury for the past 20 years and 1 Jewie to date.

Can anyone clarify that they bight when the pressure system is high ? or low ?

Just got back from a trip up in Bathurst Island... 5 of us caught just under 800 Fish in 3 and a half days.

Heaps of big Barra... A 96cm golden snapper a six foot hammer head and yes my second ever Jewie..

Would love to attend the Jew social... will need to consult the diary...

Cheers

NickFish.... :beersmile:

G`day Fellas ,

Nilfish , Ask anybody who has grabbed a rod , donned a rod holder , and legged it to a beach anywhere in the world , and they will recite an old addage that holds true to all species ....."1020 Fish A plenty "......

More upmarket fishos than myself will explain why all fish ( and especially Jews) seem to come alive when the Pressure gets up around the 1017......1020 .

My personal preference is for a high tide of 1.6 ....1.7 ..metres One hour before dark , and a breeze of no more than 10 knotts.

That rare cycle , is is what I call Jewie heaven , and especially if you have gutters and holes to boot.

1020 fish aplenty also works well on the Hawkesburry River , and especially in the deeper Holes ....But don`t ask me why !!!.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Nilfish , Ask anybody who has grabbed a rod , donned a rod holder , and legged it to a beach anywhere in the world , and they will recite an old addage that holds true to all species ....."1020 Fish A plenty "......

More upmarket fishos than myself will explain why all fish ( and especially Jews) seem to come alive when the Pressure gets up around the 1017......1020 .

My personal preference is for a high tide of 1.6 ....1.7 ..metres One hour before dark , and a breeze of no more than 10 knotts.

That rare cycle , is is what I call Jewie heaven , and especially if you have gutters and holes to boot.

1020 fish aplenty also works well on the Hawkesburry River , and especially in the deeper Holes ....But don`t ask me why !!!.

Mick

thats a great tip there mick - im going to print that off and put in my fish diary

Cheers :beersmile:

moons, pressure systems, day or night doesn t matter.

tides, position, location, and baits.

thats my point of view anyway.

if you your in the right spot with the right bait and the fish are there you will get em.