Browns Mountain 31/8

TunOFun

Went to Browns to day with Stevefish, Offtap1 and my mate Ben. Got an early start, motored out to the shelf and threw the lures out. Trolled from the shelf to Browns without a touch. Trolled Browns for about 1/2 hour when I got the word some jellybeans had been caught on the cube. Found a spot and got the trail going. First hit caught us by surprise, about 10 mins into cubing. Unfortunately this fish won its freedom to knot failure :thumbdown: Cubed for a while longer but nothing so made a move north so we could drift over Browns. About 1/2 hour into cubing the 15kg stick goes off, Steve jumps up and gets stuck in. After 20 mins Steve had a 25-30kg yellow on deck, beauty the day had been saved :yahoo: Cubed for about an hour before the next hit on the 15kg stick again, about 5 secs after the hook was set, up jumps 2m mako about 50m behind the boat. It put on a great aerial display, breaching into the air about 5 times, then went far and deep. We knew we didn’t have much chance as the leader was only 80lb mono. After about 1/2 hour we had the mako to about 50m from the boat, when the inevitable happened :ranting2: but it was great fun all the same! Another hour or so and we got another hit, wasnt a big fish, and as we were winding the other line in, it got hit as well. A few minutes later a couple of small jellybeans came on board. Nothing else on the cube or the troll back to the shelf.

Had a great day with the boys and hope to do it again real soon.

Ill post the pics up tomorrow, as the other guys have got them :thumbup:

Got the pics early,

No pics of the mako, all happened to fast!!

Steve and his fish

post-910-1157020199_thumb.jpg

Dave with his fish

post-910-1157020230_thumb.jpg

And the 2 on the deck

post-910-1157020262_thumb.jpg

Edited by TunOFun

Great effort today Brett , I would like to thank you for having me on board on what turned out to be a great day. Congrats to Steve for landing some 30kg of YFT and Ben with a great Mako Tussle and also landing a YFT. And my YFT. 3 x YFT and a great performance by Offtap Mako , a great bunch of blokes what more could you ask for and on a weekday as well. Cheers :biggrin2:

DAVE

Couple of extra pics back at ramp.

Skipper Brett Holding up the Biggun :biggrin2:

post-1870-1157191172_thumb.jpg

The Catch

post-1870-1157191352_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

Guest madsmc

Sounds like a top day on the water guys. Bad luck on the mako, but those yellowfin certainly would get a smile on the dial. :biggrin2:

Shane

Well done fellas, great job, good to see the raiders picking up plenty of fin.

Hopefully i will be as lucky come Saturday :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

What time did you guys get onto the Tunas????????

Edited by netic

Guest AO7474

Well done boys!! Awesome stuff. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm just setting my boat up correctly to get out there safely and try and catch a couple of yellow fin myself. :1fishing1: A question I have though is that once you get out near Browns Mountain and you want to start cubing is there something specific you look for (if there arent birds around) or do you just chance a spot??

Well done guys some great fin there. :thumbup:

Bad luck about loosing the mako but you can't

help it when you've got the lighter traces out for

the fin,but atleast it gave you a good fight before

it busted off.