Broken Bay 3/9/06

dicer

Put in at the refurbished ramp at Mooney Mooney, top marks for the pontoon down the middle.

Headed over to Flint & Steel for no luck, had a hook bend and pull on something.

Headed towards Lion Island, saw some birds working and a few boats showing some interest, put out a couple of lures. Picked up a strike on each, 2 salmon between 50-55cm each.

post-1002-1157275864_thumb.jpg

The little bloke took a bang on the head from a swinging opening windscreen, so we headed in to calmer waters along the shoreline east of Patonga just after low tide, nothing biting.

Headed upstream and anchored just off Peat Island, picked up 2 Blue Swimmers.

Got out of the water just after noon as it started to look ugly and blow up a bit.

Just finished eating one of the salmon (1.8kg gutted) too finish off the day, tasted alright too!!

Edited by dicer

good stuff mate.

i was out there Saturday found things quite tough and managed only a couple of soapies and some bream.

once the run out stopped i trolled for a couple of hours for tailor didn t managed to get any salmon which i thought was quite odd.

so well done on getting some

Hey Dicer

I too was out there yesteday....

there were a couple of schools i noticed, plenty of boats - but didnt notice any hook ups, including me.

i was with my f-i/law & he was out there on thursday for 3, one going 60cm.

It was my first time targeting them, so it was a valuable experience never the less

Good to see you got on

hope the young blokes head is all ok.

You guys are keen, it looked so windy yesterday i didnt even bother thinking about fishing.

Took the fam up to little gunya beach for fathers day - if not it would have been a saturday trip.

It was fun retrieving boats though - not

Yesterday about 4pm between lion island & box head the water was bubbling like being in the bath after downing 4 tins of baked beans, birds everywhere with about 3 - 4 schools, did everything to try to get the salmon to play but they were not interested in any lure I threw at them.

There would have been about 3 other boats trying but I don’t think any of us did any good.

Went back a drifted Patonga for 3 flathead between 35 & 40cm.

Yesterday about 4pm between lion island & box head the water was bubbling like being in the bath after downing 4 tins of baked beans, birds everywhere with about 3 - 4 schools, did everything to try to get the salmon to play but they were not interested in any lure I threw at them.

There would have been about 3 other boats trying but I don’t think any of us did any good.

Went back a drifted Patonga for 3 flathead between 35 & 40cm.

if there not taking any of your lures get your hands on some of these tiny SP things that look like 'eyes'..... they are made by owner and when in the water look exactly like 'eyes'