Jarvis Bay Experience

Tom Tom

Hi guys,

The last 6 days have been spent in Sunny Jarvis Bay. The weather was fantastic, Summer seemed to have come early, but the wind finally arriving on Sunday 20m top 30 knots.

Went fishing 4 days in a row but with little success. Went out to the Northern head land (light house), Bowan Island, middle ground, around Husky beach, Honey Moon Bay, Boat Habour and near Murrys beach.

Tried trolling, bottom fishing and drifting.

Total catch, 4 flathead, 2 large pike, 4 leather jackets and 15 squid.

In regard to the fishing I came back a little dissapointed.

I have put it down to the change of season, what do you think? Still early for the summer species.

Next time I'm down there I'm going to Greenwel Point and heading down the coast, any suggestions where to stop at?

Hi guys,

The last 6 days have been spent in Sunny Jarvis Bay. The weather was fantastic, Summer seemed to have come early, but the wind finally arriving on Sunday 20m top 30 knots.

Went fishing 4 days in a row but with little success. Went out to the Northern head land (light house), Bowan Island, middle ground, around Husky beach, Honey Moon Bay, Boat Habour and near Murrys beach.

Tried trolling, bottom fishing and drifting.

Total catch, 4 flathead, 2 large pike, 4 leather jackets and 15 squid.

In regard to the fishing I came back a little dissapointed.

I have put it down to the change of season, what do you think? Still early for the summer species.

Next time I'm down there I'm going to Greenwel Point and heading down the coast, any suggestions where to stop at?

i fished a few of my favourite land based spots around jb on the weekend. it was very quiet. fished both days and ended up with only 1 legal blackfish and a few under size drummer. was very poor fishing but :05:

mate tuff luck there in those situations you have to blame something so yeah i will agree with you on change of season.

tell you what 15 squid is an awesome catch.

did you use any squid for bait.

live there hard to go past as a bait.

i would be suprised if you couldn t pick up a nice king down there on a live "tim tam"