Sydney Harbour Monday

tuffy

Hey fellow Raiders. Decided it was time to venture out again yesterday since I changed my RDO from Friday because of crappy weather. Hit the heads about 8.00am only to turn around and come back. Weather report on Sunday didn't tell me it was going to be blowin' a bastard - bit sloppy for the 4.6. Back into Manly Bay for a rather rapid drift ( call that a sideways plane), wind must have blowing at about 20 - 25 knts - not what I read on Sunday - good ol' BOM - they are always spot on. Swell wasn't that big but just awfully sloppy and uncomfortable. Thought about hitting Sow & Pigs but was having enough trouble just staying in the boat!! Lots of kindy sized pinkies and flatties, one little glutton measuring up at around 70mm. I tell you, if humans had the heart that those little snapper have got we'd be in trouble. Ended the day with 3 good sized flatties, 1x40, 1x45 & 1x50(+or-) and back to pick the cadet up from school by 3.30. Seems every time we get glassy conditions, I'm at work and reading about it here!!! Still, at least I was on the water. Better luck next time.

PS. No picks as it's hard enough just to catch,net and just hang on when you're by yourself.

Tuffy, I hope your next trip is kinder weather wise and the fish numbers increase as do there size.

Those three flathead would still put a smile on my face as I love flathead and chips.

Be positive Tuffy and by that extra large fry pan in preperation for your return from the next fishing trip.

Cheers

Martin

Tuffy - Yeh the wind was a real pain in the kneck on Monday.....

I was out there too, chasing those bloody Salmon around Nth Head. Very frustrating, fast moving school, pick up the rod, get the knees braced against the side of the boat to neutralise the next lurch and they have moved off again :ranting2: Nearly went in the drink a couple of times. Just gotta love chasing Salmon!

John

Good reward for tuffing it out !!! :1prop:

Just a comment on the B.O.M.

tried ringing them this morning and couldn't get through,

did this over several hours, still no luck. Rang about 1pm

and finally got through and spoke to a person who told me

they were having problems and put me through to the

recorded weather.The last few months they have got it

wrong many times. Must be a tough time of year to get

it close to what they predict as i think the weather has

been pretty eractic. Anyway it's a tough gig.