Bloody Hell

mottyman

I had my car parked in the side street out front (I live on a corner block) and went outside to put it away behind the gates and some bastard has come round the corner, smashed into the driver's side guard, pushed the car up onto the gutter a bit and just drove away. :mad3::mad3::mad3:

Geez, it wasn't that long ago someone broke into it and I had to have all the front door fixed which cost a fair bit of money.... :thumbdown:

I managed to pull the guard away from the wheel and took it for a drive - luckily it drives Ok. We have those rounded gutters so no damage to the steering that I can tell.

But... the front guard is just stuffed and looks terrible which really hurts. It's only a 1989 Nissan Pintara station wagon but it's in really, really good condition and I look after it really well.

What a shit - such a bad feeling walking up to your car and finding it smashed. :(:1badmood:

:ranting2:

That sucks big time David! I remember the last time when your car was broken into. Bastards are everywhere!

I remember all too well what it feels like to get your car smashed up. Had my new car for only three weeks before some inconsiderate s$#t left a shopping trolley to run down the carpark and into the front panel and drivers side door! :1badmood:

Had the damage repaired, and a few months later a wiz bin was dropped onto that very same drivers side door! Double :1badmood:.

I feel for you mate. All you can do is get it fixed and don't park it on the street anymore. I live on a corner block too, so I know what you are dealing with. :thumbdown:

Shane

Mate, a few things, do the rounds of the neighbours and see if anyone saw/heard anything (car speeding off, or a smash noise (even small collisions make a hell of a noise at times).

And one thing you MUST do, is on the same time of day tomorrow AND next wednesday (ie, in case the same person drives that route daily or each week), sit out the front half a street length away and see if a car with damage on that side drives past. Get the rego and get the coppas to investigate. The least they will do is see if paint scrapes on their car matches your colour. The only problem is the time frame it was left there and found damaged - if it was hours and hours, it might be hard.

Give it a go, I've heard it can work. Just think, how many times do you drive somewhere thats fairly regular, espcially in a residential area (which I assume this is) - its usually to or from home isn't it?

Hope you get the mongrels.

Thanks guys, I've calmed down a bit now but I'm just so shitty about the whole thing... Bastards...

Mate, a few things, do the rounds of the neighbours and see if anyone saw/heard anything (car speeding off, or a smash noise (even small collisions make a hell of a noise at times).

And one thing you MUST do, is on the same time of day tomorrow AND next wednesday (ie, in case the same person drives that route daily or each week), sit out the front half a street length away and see if a car with damage on that side drives past. Get the rego and get the coppas to investigate. The least they will do is see if paint scrapes on their car matches your colour. The only problem is the time frame it was left there and found damaged - if it was hours and hours, it might be hard.

Give it a go, I've heard it can work. Just think, how many times do you drive somewhere thats fairly regular, espcially in a residential area (which I assume this is) - its usually to or from home isn't it?

Hope you get the mongrels.

That's good advice thanks. I was planning to keep my eyes peeled for a car locally with any damage.

Yeah, it was out the front for 3 hours and I didn't hear a thing. Still, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks.

Dave.

Thanks for all your words of support guys - much appreciated.

However... no change in luck.

Washing machine has packed it in now so we're off looking for a new one on Sunday - perfect timing!! :074::074:

And... the weather is just crap this weekend so fishing plans are in tatters... :ranting2:

Gunna try and wet a line somewhere somehow... we'll see I guess.

Never mind, these things can't be helped I guess, you just gotta go with it sometimes. :biggrin2:

Thanks again.

Dave.

Hi Mottyman,

I know exactly how ya felt. It happened to me too last Xmas, taking family on a new car to the local beach. Some bloody tourists hit the car and ran off, that left me $500 execess fee, plus incoveniency caused over the holiday period.

Cheers up, ya not alone.