Suburban Fishing.

wrasseman

All these recent reports of "backyard" action motivated me to check out a tiny stream even closer to home than my recent north esk sessions. Its more of a stormwater drain really but does hold small trouties. My best from this stream is just 42cm but todays were just a 30ish fish that fell off as I retrieved my camera and this tiny little fella. Not exactly a pristine waterway but its very close to home.

Cheers

Col.

post-1831-1157542857_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1157542877_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1157542895_thumb.jpg

Col,

Gee mate you are making me jealous. We Sydney based raiders have to drive two hours to get a sniff of those speckled browns :( , and you just head to you local stormwater drain :1fishing1:

you sure are lucky down in Tassie.

cheers BM

I guess you'll just have to make do with bass, bream, flatties and jewies (I could keep this list going for a while I reckon). I wish I lived on the coast.

Cheers

Col.

Edited by wrasseman

Col, that is amazing to have that in your back yard, :thumbup: you could drink from your stormwater drain and in Sydney we often do not recommend eating fish from the harbour.

There’s a lot to be said for letting Tasmania becoming part of Australia :074: (just joking)

I would love to be able to spent some time in Tasmania and have al;ways wanted to go trout fishing there.

Good luck with your fishing

Cheers

Martin

My brother lived in tassie for a couple of years and has some awesome photos of ripper trout he caught in a little stream near his house.If only hey fellas,looks like us sydney folk get the nothing compared to locations up and down the coast