Kr Custom Special

Guest Saqa

G'day raiders

Another spiral wrap which I delivered today. This is a 5kg 6'8" IM7 blank. I have built this with camo grips and titan trim rings with a matching cap. The guides are low profile TiCH frames with TiBLUE rings. I have also used 4 single foot guides in the tip area. The photos dont do the rod justice. I had very bad light when taking the pics and the flash gave reflection probs.

post-1888-1157726468_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1157726501_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1157726518_thumb.jpgpost-1888-1157726701_thumb.jpgpost-1888-1157726713_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1157726727_thumb.jpgpost-1888-1157726755_thumb.jpg

post-1888-1157726925_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saqa

That is one of the best looking rods i have ever seen..... i normaly don't like the camo grips but that looks amazing.....great work !

and why are the guides spiraled..... or is that just me ?

As the name suggests, Fletch, it's a spiral wrap rod ie. the line starts on one side and ends on the other. This design is becoming quite popular when using overhead or baitcaster reels.

Flattieman.

PS. Another fine piece of work, Saqa. Love the camo grips!

As the name suggests, Fletch, it's a spiral wrap rod ie. the line starts on one side and ends on the other. This design is becoming quite popular when using overhead or baitcaster reels.

Flattieman.

PS. Another fine piece of work, Saqa. Love the camo grips!

ah ok..... what does it do though ? does it help with accuracy or something similar

ah ok..... what does it do though ? does it help with accuracy or something similar

I'll let Rohit get technical, but it's basically designed so that the line exits the tip of the rod as it would on a threadline setup (as you've probably understood) - possibly more comfortable, Saqa?

Flattieman.

Guest BBM Rick

Hmmm....lemme guess...Rick? :biggrin2:

Nice rod Saqa!

Looks a bit like the Pixy Rod that I was eyeing out before I discovered kingrods!

Your too good! This is an amazing piece of work, I absolutely LOVE it! Will be matched to a Daiwa Bay Casting Special spooled with 15lb PE Braid, and I think I will use it for just about everything! I havent been able to put it down since Rohit bought it around! Thanks again mate, your gear is just getting better and better.

(Looks amazing in the sun, the green blank and camo grips are AWESOME)

BBM Rick.

Your too good! This is an amazing piece of work, I absolutely LOVE it! Will be matched to a Daiwa Bay Casting Special spooled with 15lb PE Braid, and I think I will use it for just about everything! I havent been able to put it down since Rohit bought it around! Thanks again mate, your gear is just getting better and better.

BBM Rick.

Congrats on the fine piece of work, Rick :yahoo: . I would be interested to hear how it performs, especially with the spiral wrap design. :thumbup:

Flattieman.

The spiral config locks the bent rod preventing roll. Another advantage is it requires less guides then conventional as the line is not able to touch the blank in the top half of the rod, benefit here is that the crisp tip action can be preserved. There are no disadvantages to it.

BBM Rick.

Thanks mate. I am glad you liked it. I didnt want to part with it.

Wow what a great looking rod, very interesting.

I might have to get one of the spiral wrap rods because i will be interested to how they perform with both spinning and overhead reel.

BBM Rick: What species of fish will you be mostly targeting with this rod?

Guest BBM Rick

The real beauty of this rod is it is so versatile! I could cast the flats for flatties, soak baits for smaller jews, terrorise smaller pelagics and even jig plastics for snapper!

I can see this rod getting a whole lot of use, its no wonder Saqa didnt want to part with it!

Rick.

:ranting2::1badmood::mad3:

BLOODY WEATHER!!!!

I soooooo wanna go and play with this creation!

:05::05::05:

tell me about it. I have done more trick things to the "rumboat". Dying to try it out. I can christian the rod for you if you want :biggrin2: