Buying Sounders From Usa

inked

I've been looking at fishfinders and they seem to be heaps cheaper in the states.

The eagle one I have been looking at ,the Seacharter 480DF Fishfinder, retails here for about $999 but you can buy it and get it shipped from a few places in the states for around $500 ( aussie dollars).

has anyone ordered gear from the states before? Who has been good to deal with?

also whats with single vs dual frequency?

cheers

dave

Hi Dave,

I brought my sounder from the US, did a far bit of research prior to deciding on Lowrance LMS-339cDF iGPS.

i paid $990 delivered - cost here from bais = $1799

Only downside is the warranty - buying from Us you get 12 months and then you have to send unit back there, - buying here - 24 months.

Dont here to often of people having problems with sounders etc so took the risk.

got mine from david @ bonzerimports

Hi Dave,

I brought my sounder from the US, did a far bit of research prior to deciding on Lowrance LMS-339cDF iGPS.

i paid $990 delivered - cost here from bais = $1799

Only downside is the warranty - buying from Us you get 12 months and then you have to send unit back there, - buying here - 24 months.

Dont here to often of people having problems with sounders etc so took the risk.

got mine from david @ bonzerimports

damn, thats quite a saving, and exactly the sounder i am after

Guest danielinbyron

yeah mate my flatmate has just bought his new lowrance

[a fortnight ago}

from the states and paid duty and saved a monkey at least....

the reason why is that the market is so small here...to stock them is in itself an expense..to buy from the states online is to buy direct or almost direct...and because they can be turned over quicker the profit margin is smaller...

he did extensive research as to the validity of his warranty through the agent he bought it from.. got paper work first and was even allowed a trial period... not happy send it back at there expense full refund...he installed it no probs, bought local maps and we're off .... then the weather turned ... and we've hardly had the chance to get out since... i'm sure he'd be willing to pass on his research... pm me if ya want to have a chat with him.. cheersd