Trouting Outing

macca

I went fishing down the bottom of my street the other day and managed two little brownies, 40ish and 30ish... not accurately measured as i didnt have a measuring stick.... lol

one taken on a 2" power frog, and the other on a 2" powerhawg

ed14a123.jpg

only seem to have the photo of that one here at work at the moment.....

cheers,

Macca

Hi Macca

Not many of us can boast by saying we have trout at the bottom of our street.

Your place must be worth a fortune, you know what they say location location location.

That must be a nice little trout stream to have near home and a great place to quickly spend a few pleasant hours fishing.

Can I ask where home is?

Cheers

Martin

i figure im pretty safe posting my spot X on here as im from SA....

Sturt River, Coromandel Valley, near Adelaide SA...

its anice little spot, and as you said great to spend a few hours wandering along.

What a great opportunity to have! Well done, macca - a good-lookin' trout there. :thumbup::yahoo:

Flattieman.

its an interesting area... that quite frankly i didnt believe would produce anything...

was considering packing up and going home until i realisedthat i was almost standing on a reddie, it was hiding under a rock just near my feet....

LOL :1prop:

its an interesting area... that quite frankly i didnt believe would produce anything...

was considering packing up and going home until i realisedthat i was almost standing on a reddie, it was hiding under a rock just near my feet....

LOL :1prop:

:074: What a great surprise! :074: Sounds great. macca!

Flattieman.

i love those red fin :thumbup: did you cook em up? top eating fish.....

flattieman, are red fin related to blackfish?

Hope you don't mind me answering this one (bored at work).

Both are fish but thats about it. Different families. Redfin Perca fluviatilis are in Percidae, whereas river blackfish Gadopsis marmoratus are in Percichthyidae and luderic Girella tricuspidata (blackfish) are in Kyphosidae.

Clear as mud???

Cheers

Col.

Edited by wrasseman

Both are fish but thats about it. Different families. Redfin are in Percidae, whereas river blackfish are in Percithydae and luderic (blackfish) are in Kyphosidae.

Clear as mud???

Cheers

Col.

True, Col... although, they're not too far apart - the blackfish (Girella tricuspidata) is not extremely unrealted to the redfin perch (Perca fluviatilis) - but they're not closely related either... I can understand how you might've seen some resemblance.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman