Kings In Broken Bay

namesay

I went out fishing today with son #2. He was dying to catch a fish. The weather was on our side after all that wind and rain. Launched at Bayview and was the only boat there. Sourced some squid. Interestingly we caught a few common squid rather than the southern calamari type. Almost caught a salmon on a squid jig as well.

Trolled the squid around Barrenjoey and saw a humpbacked whale :yahoo: !! It stayed around for 30 minutes or so before disappearing.

Tried all the usual places. There were tailer, salmon and kings. The kings were hanging a bit deeper. We caught 2. The smallest went 65cm the largest 75. Not a bad mornings fishing. Son #2 had a ball reeling in the kings, tailer and salmon :thumbup: . Hopfully the weather will be kind for the weekend!

Cheers

kelvin

I went out fishing today with son #2. He was dying to catch a fish. The weather was on our side after all that wind and rain. Launched at Bayview and was the only boat there. Sourced some squid. Interestingly we caught a few common squid rather than the southern calamari type. Almost caught a salmon on a squid jig as well.

Trolled the squid around Barrenjoey and saw a humpbacked whale :yahoo: !! It stayed around for 30 minutes or so before disappearing.

Tried all the usual places. There were tailer, salmon and kings. The kings were hanging a bit deeper. We caught 2. The smallest went 65cm the largest 75. Not a bad mornings fishing. Son #2 had a ball reeling in the kings, tailer and salmon :thumbup: . Hopfully the weather will be kind for the weekend!

Cheers

kelvin

hi Kelvin,

Good to see there's some pelagics action in the harbour.

I am sure you guys had a ball.

Any pics of the catch?

R_Zee

Been trying to post a few pics in the last couple of reports but my computer is on the fritz. I am getting a new lap top in the next couple of weeks so hopfully the reports will be illustrated!

The kingfish have been around all winter in Sydney harbour and cowan but not in pittwater or broken bay. Nice to see them again. I just hope the pros leave a few of them for us to catch. I guess as the water warms up they will move into the bays and estuarys.

The water outside looks really blue. Can't wait for the weekend to have another crak at them!

Cheers

Kelvin