Rose Bay Ramp

pekingduck

Just a quick post for all those that use Rose Bay ramp.

On the lane closest to the fence (away from the water) one of the ground blocks has slipped causing a big hole about 2 metres wide and 1 metre long. The block that slipped has pushed up against the next block and forced it to rise about half metre, but still submerged.

so the hole is big enough to drop the trailer to the axles and the submerged block can cause major damage especially to those who drive on to their trailers.

Have informed the council and they say they will get back to me. The lady didnt sound too confident so I'm not holding my breath.

anyway....please be careful.

Just a quick post for all those that use Rose Bay ramp.

On the lane closest to the fence (away from the water) one of the ground blocks has slipped causing a big hole about 2 metres wide and 1 metre long. The block that slipped has pushed up against the next block and forced it to rise about half metre, but still submerged.

so the hole is big enough to drop the trailer to the axles and the submerged block can cause major damage especially to those who drive on to their trailers.

Have informed the council and they say they will get back to me. The lady didnt sound too confident so I'm not holding my breath.

anyway....please be careful.

:1welcomeani: back Tri, how was the wedding & honeymoon - hope it all went well

G'day guys, not back yet. Haven't left. I am on my pre- honeymoon, honeymoon.

We're off on Wednesday for 7 weeks. YAY :biggrin2:

In the meantime have been out :1fishing1:

Wedding went well. Heaps of family friends and booze. After my speech was out of the way I could relax and really start :beersmile: Thanks for all the well wishes. Dont know what I was worried about.

Edited by pekingduck

I launched my boat at Rose bay yday and didnt see this hole,

I launched and retrieved in the same lane which is the one furthest

away from the ferry wharf,or closest to the stone wall.

I presume that is the lane you are talking about,I wasnt looking

for a hole there,or any submerged blocks so maybe I missed it,I

dont know,maybe council fixed the problem or I was extremely

lucky.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

Ive heard a story about a bloke loosing his car at Rose Bay ramp - i dont know if its true or not. Apparently he was doing the reverse down the ramp with your boat and then put the anchors quick to make your boat slip off. The story goes that he locked it up on the green stuff and the car went in... anyone else heard this one. It sounds like a likely story after a few beers. Ive seen a bloke drop his jetski onto ATB ramp a couple of years back - made an awful noise!!!

I didnt see the hole either until I dropped a wheel into it.

Penguin: Maybe the tide was up higher, but then the protruding block would be even more dangerous. I'm a bit too pessimisic to think the council would have fixed it already.

Anyway I'm sure someone will have look and confirm this weekend.

Edited by pekingduck