Coalcliff

domza

Just returned from coalcliff. got there at 6am, abit cold dead calm and no wind. By 10 we had no bites and thats when the wind came. It was so strong it could have knocked you over. We used ganged pillies, prawns and squid but couldnt get any fish besides two sweep.

Surprising to see so many trailer boats close to the beaches, where do they launch??

overall it was good, finally used my KR rod with the brand new baitrunner-beautiful rod and reel combo

Saw some other guy got two sharks, they looked like PJ's but were very dark black color?

called it quits at 12, maybe next time

:1fishing1:

Pretty much the same story with me Domza, fished Garie this morning from about 6.15 till I got blown off the beach for a small flattie a crab and some sort of cod.

I thought I'd take a run along the coast to see if I could find somewhere a little more sheltered I had a look at coalcliff and spent another half an hour down the northen end of austmneer for another one of those little cods then headed home.

It was nice until that wind came up.

Pretty much the same story with me Domza, fished Garie this morning from about 6.15 till I got blown off the beach for a small flattie a crab and some sort of cod.

I thought I'd take a run along the coast to see if I could find somewhere a little more sheltered I had a look at coalcliff and spent another half an hour down the northen end of austmneer for another one of those little cods then headed home.

It was nice until that wind came up.

yeah it sure was nice watching the sun come up.

Did you happen to see the hundreds of motor bikes :1yikes: along the coastal road?

didnt it blow

departed brooklyn in complete beauty no wind and little swell.

picked up some livies then noticed a big school out the front so trolled round them for endless amounts of salmon.

finally departed for long reef wide in relative good conditions, within 2kms of LRW it blew up and got really messy, turned around and home.

crap day

yeah it sure was nice watching the sun come up.

Did you happen to see the hundreds of motor bikes :1yikes: along the coastal road?

No must have still been down the national park when they went through, got on the end of a procession of lotus cars though I expect my commodore didn't look like it was part of the group :1prop: