Christening The New Combo

RodHolder

As I had just picked up my new reel,(I had been saving up for weeks and finally got the hot little Certate custom R in my hands) I was naturally itching to try it out.

Luckly Chris (Aero) suggested an Sat arvo fish, even though the wind was up, it wasnt going to deter me whatsoever.

4:30 were in the water with Nick, Chris and myself hoping to see some salmon amongst the chop,and the ever optomistic Chris was declaring "we'll definitely see some fish" but an hour later only a couple of barely legal flatties on board, no show with the sambo's, yours truly not scoring anything, things werent looking too good:brickwall: ...will the reel see some fish on its maiden outing?:o

Cruising over a known hole as the sun was creeping away I come up solid... weight !!,little run..headshakes...jewy:hellyeah:

Couple of minutes later a nice schoolie of 80cm is skillfully taken by Chris & is on the boat:ohyeah: ...I doesnt get better than this.........or does it?

Once I regained my composure, a couple of casts later, BANG!...weight, headshakes that felt like earthquakes, looong run, oh oh...Very solid fish:eek:

Now the rods bent & the fish is staying low, I think I need to take my time with this one:D

The boys have selfishnessly put down thier rods, Chris is guiding the leccy, keeping me in position, while Nick is recording it all on with the phone.

A few minutes later the fish is on the surface, a couple of dives, Chris is with the net, doesnt quite fit, breaks net...Chris gets it on board:goodone:

Nice jewy of about 5kg....95cm...PB on SP! Hi Fives all round!!

Exhilarated, adrenaline pumping, exhausted, over the moon, I sit down have a

smoko.....no words can express the situation.

The rod handle it all like a dream, what a way to christen the outfit....

Like to thank Chris & Nick...they were genuinely excited for me and did all they could to help land these bueaties.

post-392-1159155091_thumb.jpg

post-392-1159155115_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, my good man!! I know what you mean when you talk about the excitement.

My eldest son caught our first Jewie at F&S last christmas and even I was over the moon for him.

You've broken the seal now, so there's no more excuses, just start cutting the notches in the butt of you rod for each time you catch one. (Mine's only got 1 so far)

Tuffy.

Thanks guys!.

It definetely was one of those sessions we all have encountered once in a while that makes this, sport,hobbie,obsession, so awesome.

James, got them in Botany Bay..its been firing since the last rains.

righto mate i wouldnt know where to start down that way.

good to see its firing and hope you keep on getting em.

one last question do you guys think these school jew are a product of the 500000 they dropped in there a few years back?