Kayak Spots

robthefisherman

Now that I'm the proud new owner of my little red yak

lets hear your suggestions on good spots to go for a paddle and a flick.

Been a while since I've skippered a craft under my own steam so places with not too heavier a current would be good, F&S is definately out :1prop:

I'll be trying to coincide my trips to the tide changes so I can drift oneway and back again with the change.

Gdayyyyyyyy Rob ,try down at the Macquarie Rivulet .Perfect for your craft and very little current and it does hold a good population of flatties and bream for you to sneek up on .

The back of the Camden Airport is a favourite spot of mine for some good Bassin as well and we have scored bass to 50 cms in that water way.

Hope you christen your new YAK real soon :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

The back of the Camden Airport...........

Cheers Stewy

Stewys' on the button. :biggrin2:

Rob, start locally first, mainly 'cos it's nice and close and you can spend an hour here and there just getting used to casting/fishing from your yak.

You can put in at the bridge on Macquarie Grove Rd (Camden Airport) or over at the SES ramp near the soccer fields in Camden with no hassles at all.

It's just great to go for a paddle and check out the river and the sites.....the fishing is just a bonus. :1fishing1:

Especially practice your "side casting" as this will help get your lures in and under the trees etc.

Good luck to 'ya. :thumbup:

EDIT: Macquarie Rivulet is down at Lake Illawarra.

cheers

Hooky

Edited by Hooky.

where is Macquarie rivulet Stewy?

and as you know I'm a freshwater virging so what lures do you recomend?

Windang is where the rivulet is located .

The very best lures for Bass are the surface poppers for the the Camden area and I like the Taylor made surface breakers and the river to sea cicadas.

post-256-1159219098_thumb.jpg

Give me a tingle soon and I will take you to the spots in the Nepean and show you the ropes and loan you a few lures to get you started .

Cheers Stewy

Windang is where the rivulet is located .

The very best lures for Bass are the surface poppers for the the Camden area and I like the Taylor made surface breakers and the river to sea cicadas.

post-256-1159219098_thumb.jpg

Give me a tingle soon and I will take you to the spots in the Nepean and show you the ropes and loan you a few lures to get you started .

Cheers Stewy

Will do Mate :thumbup:

Sounds great