Overnighter

abiasin

Hi guys,

Got out for a fish on saturday arvo with a mate of mine for the first time in a few weeks and launched from parsley bay ramp.

Headed straight for west head to get some yakkas to downrig for some kings. While catching livies my mate decided he would throw on a diving lure as suggested by Dave (offtap1) purchased from Wattos, well needless to say the lure lasted around 2 seconds after hitting the waterbefore it got smashed by a healthy 40cm tailor. My mate wishes me to pass on the thanks Dave.

On the way to the moorings in pittwater we noticed some birds circling and then some crazy surface action. We chased the school of salmon with tailor mixed in around for around an hour and a half only to loose some great fish.

We managed to land one salmon of an estimated 2.5kg at least and boy did he give me some curry on my little flick stick.

Unfortuantely we only had rather large slices and they were not very interested as they were eating tiny baitfish.

I believe if we had some smaller slices we would absolutely have cleaned up as we had the school to ourselves aside from two other boats.

From there as the sun went down we rounded some more livies and headed into the hawkesbury to have a crack at the jewfish populations to no avail. we tried a few spots and all sorts of bait but came up empty handed.

At around 3am or so we decided to head back to pittwater to get some rest on the boat and be ready to chase some sambos in the morning.

Whilst sleeping we had a few rods in the water and managed a little 25cm bream and a huge stingray caught by my mate.

Once the sun came up we went in search of the school of salmon but they were no where to be found, instead we found a tiny school of tailor hich only stayed around for one or two casts then disappeared.

With the lack of action we decided to downrig some squid around the moorings but came up empty. There were literally a billion jellyfish in the water around the moorings maybe this had something to do with the lack of surface action, dunno?

Anyway from there we headed back to the ramp and were home by 9am an it capped off a pretty good time on the water, it was the first time i had ever had a chance to throw lures at a school of anything and boy was it awsome.

thats my two cents for the week,

oh heres a couple of pics of the salmon srry about the horrible looking bloke in the photo dunno who he was.

cheers.

post-1830-1159170310_thumb.jpg

post-1830-1159170397_thumb.jpg

Enjoyed the read and shame the fish were not there for you on Sunday. Its a fun time of the year to flick lures for sambos and tailor.

I have a question, would it be easier to launch from Pittwater than Parsley Bay since you chase the live bait at West Head and went after kings in Pittwater and by the sound of it moored some where there for a sleep over?

I hope the season only gets better for you.

Cheers

Martin

Edited by Martin

Enjoyed the read and shame the fish were not there for you on Sunday. Its a fun time of the year to flick lures for sambos and tailor.

I have a question, would it be easier to launch from Pittwater than Parsley Bay since you chasr the live bait at West Head and went after kings in Pittwater and by the sound of it moored yp some where there for a sleep over?

Cheers

Martin

valid point mate, i live in st clair and it is a much easier drive to brooklyn than to pittwater, its ony another 15mins by boat to pittwater anyhow and at first we were going to fish for jewies in the arvo so we thought yeah brooklyn would do.

next time in going to stock up on tiny slices.

cheers.

bad luck mate on the fishing front but at least you managed a few.

did you get the squid?

on sunday when we were getting the salmon off whale there must have been 10 other boats and from i could see they were all spinning and not getting touches. so i decided to troll around the outside and were picking em off at will

maybe you should have tried trolling the lures

you fishing the jew social?

I have a question, would it be easier to launch from Pittwater than Parsley Bay since you chase the live bait at West Head and went after kings in Pittwater and by the sound of it moored some where there for a sleep over?

Cheers

Martin

i used to use bayview ramp all the time, but i find pasley bay better and cost nothing - overnighter out of bayview i think your up for $11 parking fee

bad luck mate on the fishing front but at least you managed a few.

did you get the squid?

on sunday when we were getting the salmon off whale there must have been 10 other boats and from i could see they were all spinning and not getting touches. so i decided to troll around the outside and were picking em off at will

maybe you should have tried trolling the lures

you fishing the jew social?

the squid was great man, super fresh and managed the bream on it actually. i will definately try the troll next time thats for sure. We went out to the middle of the heads pretty much but didnt see any action so decided to call it a day.

as for the jew social i dare say at this stage i will be there but it depends on whether my house will be ready to move into. i may just chase the salmon if i go as the jewies dont like me one iota.

cheers.