Lake Cathie Beach Fishing 30-09-06

Dan A

Decided to hit the Lake Cathie beached for my fist ever beach fish this afternoon after figuring out how to cast my Alvey since having the bloody thing about 2 years now.

The wind was blowing a gale, but I was determined to get out for a fish and give this Avley thing another try, so rigged up a drove about 4 minutes to the beach, arriving about 1630 in time for dusk.

Rigged up a pillie and cast out, the current was strong and carried my rig over to the rocks, managed to snag me up, snapped the line and re rigged, this time with a sand sinker, hooked up a pillie and punched out into the wind, managed to get a decent cast out just over the first set of breakers, current still dragged me over a little and finally grabbed.

Sat there for a bit, and bump...bump...I loaded up the rod and the Alvey drag went screaming off, woohoo I was on and it felt good especially for my first ever beach session, it jumped out fo the water a couple times and, after a few minutes I managed to get this lady onto the beach it was a nice Australian Salmon of 68cm.

Cast out another pille a few minutes later I was on again, it jumped out and gave a shake, manaked to throw the hooks, well it didnt thrown the hooked but the line slipped out of where the line connects to the hook...grrr...the loop was still intact as well.

Out goes another pillie and on again, the action was hot, this one managed to throw the hook.

Great evening and good session for 1.5 hours..considering my first beach session, I was pretty impressed.

Dan

post-840-1159784769_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan A