Broken Bay Sunday/monday

Guest Aron

Launched at pasley bay at 7, me the :wife: and the kids, late start and not a space left to park the trailer :mad3:

went to waratah bay to pump some nippers, anchored close to the flats get the pump and bucket, jump in start pumping to find very poor suction - look at the pump and find the rubber had deteriorated :thumbdown:

time for plan B

only had some left over bait that i was going to use for burley

Went to Jewusalm bay to try for some bream, no luck.

:wife: and the kids want to go play at a beach and have some lunch, so we headed for pittwater and clarvelle beach.

Motoring past flint & steel (carpark) come across up to 30 boats, wnet a short distance past and i noticed that none were anchored which i thought was strange, slowed and took a good look, there was a lot of surface activity with tailor or something smashing bait fish.

post-1705-1159792303_thumb.jpg

quickly rigged up a metal slug and motored over to the school, first cast and im on, line was pealing off my light bream rod, slowly got back control and steadied in to an arm westle, the fight lasted 15 minutes with 5 -6 solid runs, wife did the honours and netted my first ever salmon :thumbup: - don't they go hard. i looked around the all the boats had gone to follow the school which was about 100 metres away, motored up and continued casting but no luck, i only saw one other boat land one in the 40 minute we were there - they can certainly be fussy eaters.

post-1705-1159794031_thumb.jpg

continued on the clarville beach for lunch and a swim.

Back to box head for some lives, and then the wind picked up, did a long drift from flint & steel to juno point with not a touch, went to just off long island for a couple of small bream. wind had really picked up so we called it a day.

Monday

Went to work to catch up on some oustanding tasks, got a call about 12:00pm from the wife - she said the neibhour was keen to go for a fish and run in his new motor, also keen i left work and was a home packed for an afternoon session.

Put in at pasley bay at 2:00pm, went straight to lion island, and like clock work as soon as we threw the pick out the wind came, managed a wrasse before the wind got too much.

decided to move and get some protection out of the wind, we head towards the southern side of the bay, we came across a small headland that was protected and start a drift, there was a nice eddy where we were drifting in circles we set some baits and sit back with a cold beer, the my 7 foot uglystick doubles over i grab it and set the hook, after a short fight i land my pb jew (small i know) 60cm taken on yellow tail fillet.

we continue to drift around till 6pm and only managed to pick up a 40cm flattie.

all in all a great weekend - 2 new pb's - in can only get better

Edited by Aron

i was on the trail craft in the photo, and we were picking up salmon and kings i found the school to be very active. everybody was on everywhere i was looking.

we also lost a thumper king at the boat.

i was on the trail craft in the photo, and we were picking up salmon and kings i found the school to be very active. everybody was on everywhere i was looking.

we also lost a thumper king at the boat.

When i got there about 10:30am till about 11:00 only saw one other boat hook 1, at the same time i tangled lines with his offsider, the poor bloke had a net in his hand while trying to untangle our lines.

during all the activity, this large yacht motors through the middle off us all trolling a lure missing boats by metres - funny enough everyone was too busy to get up him

thanks all for your comments

Edited by Aron

was it you who donated the lure to our collection

No that wasnt me, i kept my lure

I was fishing out off a quintrex 480 freedom sport