Fishing Pittwater

namesay

We went out to pittwater on the long weekend. The weather was great. Had an early start and got a few squid and tried downrigging for kingies. Got a small kingie about 62cm on the eastern side and no further action :05: . Had brunch with my 2 kids at Portugese beach and had another go but zero for about 2 hours of fishing.

Kids got bored so went out to look for salmon. Fortunately they were working on the surface in broken bay. Caught a few. We released all the fish. The school sounded as more boats came round. A few dills drove straight through the schools and put them down :1badmood:

Went back into pitty and found a school of tailer working white bait at Longnose. They were hitting everything and we got a fish almost every cast. My 2 kids had an absolute ball catching and releasing these choppers on lures.

Tried downrigging the last of the squid but got nothing. I saw a few fellow raiders out there. Passed fisherman_dan ,waved hi and moved on as one of the anchored boats caught a trevally- These guys are still present in good numbers which means that the water is a bit too cold.

A great day out but a little short on kingies.Hopfully the season will kick on.

Cheers Kelvin

good stuff there mate.

i reckon they should start coming on in there droves in the next few weeks. hopefully anyway

hope your spot on there james as im hanging for the kingies to be around in numbers enough to confidently say im goin to get one today.