What Beach Is Beter

teenfisher

I have fished all three fairly heavily over the years (they are pretty much the main beaches I fish) and have caught way more fish at curl curl, then dee why and then narra in that order! Curly is my favourite, caught some great tailor there and also some small jewies, yet to crack a big jew.

not at all mate, was gonna head out tonight but got hit with uni work, will try to fish curl curl or maybe whale beach tomorrow night, have heard of a few jews from there, but curly is a bit closer for me.

there have been alot of yellowfin bream around dee why in the close in gutters i got some off beach on beachworms and prawn fished on a running sinker rig and also managed a decent salmon (last week)

the answer to your question will vary from angler to angler as they have all had differing experiences. yet if you have favourable conditions (weather and little weed), pick a nice gutter and have good baits and rigs they should all produce fish.

although north narra is notorious for its monster jews!

cheers pk

Edited by pk-fishn

I was at colaroy beach on sunday for about 3-4 hours, and had a few rods out with ganged pilchards. Unforunantly there were no salmon or tailor around :05: .

Good luck

P.s Does anyone know why the big storm water pipe that leads into the ocean has been locked off with a fence?

It made a great fishing spot and is virtualy impossible to get over the fence..

I've had no success off the beaches over the last two weekends:

1st Oct dawn North Narrabeen with live poddies nothing, pillies nothing

2nd Oct after the southerly (about 15:00) at the south end of Warriewood, pillies, live worms, nothing

8th Oct dawn, pillies & slimey mackeral, little Narrabeen, nothing.

I have experimented with light tackle as well (10lb floro leaders etc.).

I have never caught nothing on live worms off the beach, never. I always manage something, so I'm mystified.

Anyone else got any feedback?

Cheers,

Neil

WHAT BEACH IS BETER CURL CURL, NARRABEEN OR DEE WHY?

HAS ANYONE BEEN CATCHING?

Hey Crazyfisher,

I fished Long Reef a few weeks ago and caught a jewie 8kg about 8pm on the high tide. Three of us fished a few hours and had two hook ups and one keeper jewie. Another fish was lost and was probably a shark. A couple of years ago lost a huge jew after about 20mins at north Narrabeen. Good Luck. We are gonna try Longie next week for another jew at night. Picture of jewie is in reports under Northern beaches Jew.