Name This Fish!

bastik

Ladies and Gents

We caught this fish on our lunch break in sydney harbour (McMahons Pt) the other day. Asked around the office and did a bit of a google search but still unsure to what it is.

Fish was about 40cm, silver and just under a kilo. Distinctive spike on the gills and a broad tail.

Fish took a 7.5cm shad.

Photos not that great!!

Any Ideas???

post-1468-1160049552_thumb.jpg

cheers

b

Yeah there in there Oz.

Some spots are very reliable & we have successful sessions just chasing E.P's. You'd be quite suprised where they live. Not very far from where you got your 11kg Jew.

It's a little late for them now to be in numbers but it looks like there are still a few around. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

That's a nice Estuary Perch! A massive 40cm - that's only 1cm short of the forum record!

It looks like they may be making a comeback!

As I said in another post, they are creatures of habit, take note of the spot, time and tide and come back.

What lures/bait were you using?

Cheers,

Richie.

Yeah there in there Oz.

Some spots are very reliable & we have successful sessions just chasing E.P's. You'd be quite suprised where they live. Not very far from where you got your 11kg Jew.

It's a little late for them now to be in numbers but it looks like there are still a few around. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Grant, Should i be rigging up for a Jew. Do you think I can can squeeze one in on my lunch break??

:fishing1::throw:

Absobloodylutley!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Spring is a top time for Jew around McMahons & Blues point. When a tide change coincides with your lunch break throw a big placcie on & have a crack. :biggrin2:

It might take 10 casts or 10000 casts but you'll get one eventually!

Cheers,

Grant.

Guest windbreaker

ok!

It would seem there is some dispute as to this fish's name.

Some people believe it to be an estuary perch while others think it is named harold or ian.

Considering the location of the capture,I would dare to say it's perch is in the harbour,

therefore making it a harbour perch probably called sid.