Bathurst

Outnumbered

i just got a call from a mate on the mountain, there was a major accident in the developmental series that happened right in front of him, he says they removed two drivers under tarps and the ambulances didnt leave after putting them inside.

the police were up there taking photos and mesurements, which would seem to indicate at least 1 fatality, my mate is of the opinion that both drivers have passed away.

THIS IS ONLY SPECULATION FROM AN EYE WITNESS AND I PRAY IT IS INCORRECT.

i will post more details as i get them

THIS IS UNCONFIRMED!!!!!!

the latest news is that one of the drivers has suffered a broken neck and passed away. i have been given his name but feel i shouldnt write it untill it is confirmed.

i'm praying that it is just hyped up track rumour but my source is very reliable and he is inconsolable at the moment.

Porter fighting for life

Oct 7, 2006

New Zealand V8 super car driver Mark Porter is fighting for his life in a Sydney hospital on Saturday, following yesterday's horrific crash at Bathurst.

Porter spun his Commodore in a build up race and was left stranded in the middle of the circuit on Mount Panorama before being hit at around 200 kilometres an hour by Ford's David Clark, who tried to avoid him.

Porter is in a drug induced coma with head and chest injuries.

Taken from here

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/845515

ABC online

Bathurst crash drivers in critical conditions

Hospital spokeswomen say 31-year-old Holden driver Mark Porter is still in a critical condition and 26-year-old Ford driver David Clark is critical but stable.

Edited by johnno