Flattie On Green Weed, 6lb Line & Size 10 Hook!

arpie

I am absolutely gob-smacked! I hooked a 57cm flattie yesterday morning whilst blackfishing. When I realised what it was & how big it was (really fat) I thought I had no chance of getting it into the net! However, I managed it & was absolutely stoked! I can only imagine that it thought the weed looked like a small bait fish trying to escape, as I was retrieving the line at the time.

Today, I got a red morwong on weed! Previously I have caught the odd rock cod & 'happy moment', and a nice drummer (to be expected!)

What is your weirdest fish on weed??

Guest IFishSick.

On the weed I have spotted two flathead side by side while snorkelling. A mum and it's baby. My don't they stand out when there is a big brown thing stuck in the middle of the weed.

:thumbup: congratulations Roberta on your letter of the month in November's Modern Fishing mag!

Hi Aron

Thanks for letting me know! I hadn't seen it on the shelves & only knew it would be printed, not letter of the month! I went & bought it yesterday pm! I might have to get some more tackle to fill the tacklebox! That shouldn't be difficult!

Cheers

Roberta