Hawkesbury River Jewfish Social 7-8 Oct. 2006

Flightmanager

G'day Raiders , just back from the Jewfish Social , and I am happy to report that we had a great time!!

Thanks to Wettingaline for his great organisation of this event , I am sure everyone was as pleased as I was at how well it went.

We all met at Parsley Bay at midday Saturday , and had a BBQ lunch , met a few new members , and quite a few not so new members !! After a quick talk about the rules and the weather , we all departed to all points of the River , to begin the great Jewfish hunt. I started out at Jerusalem bay , but it was very quiet there , so off to Akuna Bay for a couple of beers , and a drift along the shore . Sadly , nothing made it into the boat , but the sun was shining , there was no wind , and I was fishing , and not at work. Worked for me !! :1clap:

I returned to the ramp at dusk ( I forgot the sugar ) , so took the opprtunity to catch up with the other raiders at the rail bridge . Went off to the road bridge after that , and sadly had to pick up Rohit in the channel with a non going outboard :( . Towed him to the Mooney Ramp , hope it is a not too expensive repair mate !!

Headed back to Juno Point , the wind and water had calmed down , and spent a couple of very pleasant hours sitting in the boat and catching nothing , and not really caring ! Shortly before we left , I caught a couple of Taylor , so at least i was on the scoreboard !!

We anchored for the night in Jerusalem Bay , it was dead calm , and very mild. Spent quite a bit of time talking to Murray , one of our new members , mainly about his gorgeous boat!! . Shortly before I called it a night , I landed a nice 30cm bream :biggrin2:

I awoke at dawn , and the water was like glass , it was totally still , and very pleasant. Cooked some bacon and eggs for breakfast which we ate as the sun was rising , a dirty job , but someone had to do it !! :)

Back to the ramp at 0830 to start cooking the BBQ for brekky , and caught up with Swordy and Co. , we gave them heaps about the fish they caught ( Catfish and Dog Shark ) :074: . Then it was time for the measuring , one Jew landed , well done John ( Kangaroo walk ) .

After everyone had left , #1 Son and I went back to Patonga for another go , for no result. As we were heading back to the ramp , the southerly hit. 25-35 knot winds , which made things very unpleasant . Fortunately , we were only 200M from the ramp when it hit. It was a bit of a battle to get the boat on the trailer , as the wind was gusting very strongly. Locked every thing down and parked the boat , then Brett and I went back to the ramp to help other boaties to get their boats onto their trailers. One family got caught out at Lion Island in a 4M tinnie , they were quite shaken , but OK , their brand new Bimini a twisted mess .

Once again , thanks to Joe for organising this event , look forward to doing it all again soon !

Ross

I was disappointed that I could not fish this event.

But at least I got to the weigh in and met some of those who fished.

It was good to meet some more raiders.

hey,

got to the social late on Saturday, got the boat in the water and radioed to see if i could find wettingaline to sign in as he knew i was coming late. Had some help from someone in the begining then :mad3: got some smart arses on the radio and gave up trying to find anyone.

Flightmanager, that was me that you spoke to just before you came to the rail bridge not Allison, I saw you come past and head off to the road bridge.

We tried the rail bridge first, nothing, then headed to a spot near bar point. Got a couple of PJ's so headed off to sugarloaf, caught a crab there so that was interesting, then headed out to Juno, passed 10 boats at the road bridge. Juno was a bit lumpy so we headed into Gunya point and stayed there for the night.

even though no keepers caught, it was just a beautiful night to be on river and I cant wait to do it again soon. :biggrin2: