Boat Insurance

Osprey Rider

Fellow Fishraiders,

Brownie mentioned a tree almost came down on his boat at home and it gave him a reason to insure his boat, which brings me to ask the question of which insurance company people are with because I just recieved my renewal from Club marine and it is around $450. A bit expensive I thought so I got a quote from NRMA and it was around the same amount.

Can anyone suggest a cheap deal with a good insurer (and pigs might fly).

Osprey Rider,

When I was getting quotes for my boats insurance I think I rang just about every insurance brocker around and I couldn't come up with a better deal or price then I could get from Club Marine.

Hi Mate I have been with gio for years but last year did check out the others and there was only a couple of dollars in it so I could not be bothered to change. The only difference I did find was when I insured my new boat thus taking up a new policy gio this time insured all my gear as well which in the past never happened that's when suncorp took over.

Cheers

If theres not much diff in price i say stick with Club Marine,

I used them in the past and when I needed to make a claim

they paid me out very quick,and no questions asked,and this

was a rather big total loss claim on a 34ft sports cruiser.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

Guest fishrunner

I'm with GIO, and they were as mentioned above 40% cheaper with full cover, I checked NRMA and Club Marine and found then rather expensive in comparison.

always shop around

i asked gio what would happen if my trailer was stolen at the ramp. they eventually said they would re imburse me after i organised the transport for the rig. sounds like a latenite headache to me.

club marine seem to be able to answer the hard questions better.

lets hear some stories about insurance co.s performance on the difficult claims.

Stevefish if my trailer went missing the first thing I would do is call the police and buy a trailer straight away so I can cart my rig home. As long as I am reimberesd that is all that matters. I doubt very much that an insurance is going to hand you money straight away so you can achieve the same result

Cheers

I was with club marine and they are a major headache when making a claim, Im with GIO now and they are nearly half the price and much better when making a claim.

My water pump failed with club marine and it took me 6 months to have the engine rebuit through club marine.

The same thing happened with GIO and they replaced the motor wothin 6 weeks.

GIO are cheaper and better, club marine makes you jump through hoops when making a claim.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lets go fishn

I had a claim with club marine and they were good. I didn't say great !

Stick with who you feel comfortable .

Ill be going there again soon, just ordered my 6m cougar craft and probably go with club again :thumbup: