Lion Island - Salmon?

locodave

Locodave,

Everytime I see the salmon schools I have headed around Lion Island and then head north east for about 1km and they are normally found around this area.

Look for the birds working the surface.

I have had all my luck finding the schools early morning up till about 11:00am.

Hope this helps.

loco i have had schools out in BB where the hawksbury and pittwater meet, i have had them on the side of lion island that faces the horizon and on the other side of lion towards Umina way. cant rememer all the tidees amd things but just follow the birds and youll be in business :biggrin2:

Edited by kingchaser

loco i have had schools out in BB where the hawksbury and pittwater meet, i have had them on the side of lion island that faces the horizon and on the other side of lion towards Umina way. cant rememer all the tidees amd things but just follow the birds and youll be in business :biggrin2:

Birds must hate me, I've never seen the birds work the surface yet :(

Hopefully soon!

Birds must hate me, I've never seen the birds work the surface yet :(

Hopefully soon!

hang in there mate i was the same with no chance at seeing birds, now the last two times ive been out theres been birds everywhere.

ive found even the birds sitting on the water are there for a reason.

every trip we go out , we come across them,on saturday we came across a school that was at least 50 meters in diameter, so you can imgine the fun we had with them, they ranged from 50cm to 75cm, and boy they can fight on light gear, i always find them along the shore line between box head and avoca beach head lands, just troll up and down the coast line and you we come across them for sure