Vanuatu

Weasel

I have just returned from Vanuatu where a mate and me had 2 days out aboard "In Deep" a 28 foot game fisher. Over the 2 days we cought 3 Yellow Fin in the 40kg range, about 20 Mahi Mahi to 15kg, a good wahoo and a dog tooth tuna. Also we dropped 2 Marlin. The skipper/Owner is a local fella and was awsome, on day 1 we cought more fish than all the other charter boats combined. All the pics are on my mates camera so i will add them when he dose me a CD.

Guest danielinbyron

the horrid southerly thats been blowing here for days after the horrid northerly that blew for weeks is just about to stop for another northerly and i'm tryim real hard not to hate you..

lookin forward to the pics...

I have just returned from Vanuatu where a mate and me had 2 days out aboard "In Deep" a 28 foot game fisher. Over the 2 days we cought 3 Yellow Fin in the 40kg range, about 20 Mahi Mahi to 15kg, a good wahoo and a dog tooth tuna. Also we dropped 2 Marlin. The skipper/Owner is a local fella and was awsome, on day 1 we cought more fish than all the other charter boats combined. All the pics are on my mates camera so i will add them when he dose me a CD.

Sounds like you did well mate. How was the weather down that way?

Looking forward to some photos

wirlez, Weather was crap the first couple of days but improved as the week went on. Where abouts aree you at Santo are you and what is the fishing like up that way

Im in Luganville on Santo (I live here :1prop: ) last week was crappy weather for us too but Wednesday showed signs of improvment and it was enough for me to head out with my brother and cousin just for a Reef bashing session.

Only managed a Coral trout around 4kgs mark + a handfull of other reef species sweet lips, red throats, cods etc. also got smoked a few times by some bigger fish, didn't even get to see what the monsters were :( But we did managed to pull up a Leatherjacket of some sort ... took a pic of it and returned it.

We only had a half day trip planned so stuck in close, nonetheless a good half a day spent on the water and not at work :thumbup:

We also saw a pair of whales 30 meters from where we were which was a pleasant sight, but I think that ended our run with the fish :thumbdown:

The weather turned sour around noon anyway wind came up and it started to rain, so no big loss

The photo shows the leathery and my cousin. You can see the weather we had that day.

fisgvr5.th.jpg

But ... besides from that day of decent weather we have been getting hit everyday with 15-20knot southerlys :thumbdown: . So I haven't heard of any of the bigger boats going out and getting anything, which makes me jealous of the fish you got put onto by the crew of "In Deep"

Should be getting my Spheros back from Tony at Fishfinders by Friday this week, hopefully weather plays nice and I might be headed out with a mate (on his "bigger" boat) to go for a jig :thumbup:

NB: sorry for the long post

Guest Big-Banana

Awesome mate cant wait to see some pics. Iam think Lord Howe Is for a fish but the pacific islands looks just as good!