Raymarine Sounders

ACZ

Guest Big-Banana

The darker the bottom the harder it is, I guess it just comes from experience and a lot of playing around. Raymarine are quality regardless.

The darker the bottom the harder it is, I guess it just comes from experience and a lot of playing around. Raymarine are quality regardless.

yer they are good sounders but i never see the bottom change even when i no im on sand or im on reef ...as told by the gps

Guest Big-Banana

Make sure you have "Whiteline" on, if its off all you will get is black bottom.

With this option turned on it will indicated the hardness of the bottom the darker it gets.

Maybe thats the problem?

When I look for new reefs or sound out an area for small patches I dont usually look at the bottom, I look past the botytom contour and see whats directly underneath that. If its spiking up and down its reef, if its in a dotted pattern its gravel and a darker more refined graphic is sand. If its rock then the bottom shows as black and doesnt go past the original bottom contour.

Hope I havent confused you??? :wacko:

Make sure you have "Whiteline" on, if its off all you will get is black bottom.

With this option turned on it will indicated the hardness of the bottom the darker it gets.

Maybe thats the problem?

When I look for new reefs or sound out an area for small patches I dont usually look at the bottom, I look past the botytom contour and see whats directly underneath that. If its spiking up and down its reef, if its in a dotted pattern its gravel and a darker more refined graphic is sand. If its rock then the bottom shows as black and doesnt go past the original bottom contour.

Hope I havent confused you??? :wacko:

thanks 4 the info guys....yer thats wat i do too big banana-look 4 definitions in the bottom....but on my previous fish finder(blackand white lowrance) i could see the diifence in the bottom as defined by the shades of colour....i mite muck around with the colour setting and change the colours around....whiteline?..ive jus left mine on factory settings...but ill see if its on.......

cheers

alex