Broken Bay Fad & Long Reef

swansea_fisho

Gday Raiders,

What I thought was going to be a fishless weekend :thumbdown: until I get a call from my mate on Friday night asking me to come for a run out on his boat and check out the FAD. :thumbup: .

Conditions yesterday morning were very pleasant, better then expected when I turned on the marine forecast on the weather channel at 5am it said 3 m seas and 30knots winds. We got out to Barrenjoey and found things to be completely different. Light winds hardly any chop and metre swells. A very easy 22 km run out to the FAD. Not much happening out there, trolled and threw 3 blocks of old Pillies out there. Only fish to make an appearance was a stray dollie about 6 or 7kg which came up the trail and was gone in seconds before we could get a bait down to it him :ranting2: .

Headed into Long Rf and things looked very good, 4 fish on the first drift. Ended up with 8 keepers before heading back in just after luchtime. 2 trevally, 2 Reds, a big Mowie, a Nannygai and a couple of jackets.

Was a great day out. Got back home went had a bit of snooze got up and watched the footy :beersmile: . Can't ask for much more than that.

post-256-1160910330_thumb.jpg

post-256-1160910341_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Steve