Murray Cod

troutboy

post-461-1160880039_thumb.jpgmurray cod caught at Wentworth Falls Lake on sx40. Went trout fishing early this morning , not so good on the trout front with 1 large brown dropped using a small squidgie wriggler. Tied on an sx40, 3 casts later surprise surprise a murray cod! First time I have ever heard of cod being in the lake! The fish measured approximately 60cm and weighed around 3 kg!. A good test for the ultralight trout gear 4lb fireline to 4lb siglon leader. The fight lasted around 3 to 4 minutes mainly slugging it out deep and powerful bursts taking plenty of line. :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

Thanks guys it certainly was a surprise catch! I have fished the lake pretty hard for the last 5 years and have only caught trout. I think somebody probably caught the fish at Windemeer and transported it to Wentworth Falls in their livewell. :wacko: It would be nice to think that there are more cod in there :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

wow amazing capture. I always thought there was crap fishing in that lake..but after seeing good trout and now this murray cod being reported on FR i will definantly stop there on the way back to sydney from lake lyell or TCD :thumbup:

Hi Domza its a little gem of a lake and well worth a fish if your ever up this way. Generally only classed as a trout lake( mainly browns around a kilo or so) but if there are more cod in there we could end up with a great multi species lake.If you see a guy with a goatee spinning lures come and say gday.cheers troutboy :1fishing1: