North Esking.

wrasseman

Hi all,

I headed out for a bit of a trout sesh yesterday. I started off in shorts but upon reaching the first long grass, the snake paranoia sent me back for the waders. Due to the dodgy weather (I assume) for once this starting point (a dog "off-leash" area) was empty so I fished back to the car, jumping off a nice fish and landing a 30ish brownie. A little further up (directly below the car) I scored a redfin.

wholereddi_128.jpg

As I brought him in I noticed the whole school following and they stuck around even after the hooked fish had released itself.

school2_206.jpgschool_160.jpgfreeswim_164.jpg

Although I scared them off trying to take piccies, my next cast scored another reddie and again, they follwed it in.

follower_396.jpg

After this little episode I got the waders on and headed off for a fish again. Coming to a spot where a pipe drains into the river causing a large colour change I flicked out my little lure and had it clobbered by a nice river brownie. brownfight_133.jpgbmhead_255.jpg

Shortly after this I managed another slightly smaller fish bmtrout2_155.jpgreleasing_141.jpg

before I had to head off for work.

All in all a nice little sesh.

Cheers

Col.

PS. Here is the spot where the first (pictured) trout came from, not exactly pristine but the fish didn't seem to mind.

post-1831-1160910558_thumb.jpg

Guest danielinbyron

never caught either :

tried a couple of times when i've been traveling...

but wasn't holding my mouth right..

great shots Wrasseman