Ice Boxes

bullfrog

I am looking to buy an ice box of around 60-65 litres, and have found three brands which seem suitable (there were a couple I found which were made in Thailand but I'd rather buy Australian).

The three I looked at were Ice Kool, Tropical and Kookaburra. All were around the $200 range but the Tropical looked to be stronger, particularly the hinges. Are there any more brands I should look at?, if so where are they stocked?

Has anyone had any experience with any of the above brands and can offer any thoughts or recommendations?

It will be used primarily for camping but will also go on the occasional boating trip (poss. used as a seat so strength must be taken into consideration).

Thanks in advance

I am looking to buy an ice box of around 60-65 litres, and have found three brands which seem suitable (there were a couple I found which were made in Thailand but I'd rather buy Australian).

The three I looked at were Ice Kool, Tropical and Kookaburra. All were around the $200 range but the Tropical looked to be stronger, particularly the hinges. Are there any more brands I should look at?, if so where are they stocked?

Has anyone had any experience with any of the above brands and can offer any thoughts or recommendations?

It will be used primarily for camping but will also go on the occasional boating trip (poss. used as a seat so strength must be taken into consideration).

Thanks in advance

company called techni ice based in Melbourne and they sell direct to the public

Guest Big-Banana

Depends if you want metal or plastic?

Ive got a Troprical 102 and its unreal. I reckon a metal ice chest would look ugly after getting dinged etc.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Noah, I've had a look at the Techni Ice website & they seem very impressive. Do you have one?, if so are you happy with it?

Cheers,

Martin

I was down in Melbourne for a mates wedding and they had 3 in different sizes.A mates relo works for the company and I got yakking to him about them. T hey certain look good tuff and did the job

cheers

Just for your info guys Wattos is having trouble with his pc connection and he will be posting a special deal for raiders on these items.

Cheers Swordfisherman

Thanks Donna, I'll look out for it before making a decision.

Edited by bullfrog

Have a look at the Techni Ice web site. I just bought an 80 ltr box for $165 plus some freezer blocks thrown in, and other Raider,Sparky bought a 120ltr at the same time. I've already got a Tropicool 105 ltr for the camping tucker but this new one is for "drinks" !!!!!!!!!

These Techni Ice boxes are the best value and built tough. 80mm lid and 50 mm sides with full size bungs etc.

Tuffy

Bullfrog I have a Techni ice and also an iceytech ice box both are great easy to clean and hold ice for days. Techni ice are prompt and had the ice box in days delivered by australia post. I also bought a couple of their smaller ice boxes and are great for picnics for 2 people. Will be getting a couple more for the kids !!!

Cheers

Salt reduces the temperature by 2-3 degrees C. Most commercial catches are kept in a sea water slurry ( sea water and ice) to keep the fish in the best condition. I do the same with my humble catches , a bucket of sea water to which I add a bag of ice. Even on the hottest day , my fish is sweet when I get it home.

Ross