29/10/06 Sydney Kings

netic

Hey guys,

After not being able to get out yesterday my mate hey steve decided to give me a call and see if we wanted to chase some kings, after looking at the weather reports decided that offshore was out of the question and said we will give middle harbour a go after all the good reports.

Hit the water at about 1.00pm and went and picked up my mate Downrigger who was out on a family day with the wife and parents and he left them high and dry and jumped on for a fish.

Squid was hard to come by as everywhere was exposed to the wind but we found one last spot which was protected, caught 2 squid and decided to head to middle harbour which is an area i dont know too well other then a few odd spots around the moorings.

As we were coming up to the spit notice Sammy and CFD and we stopped and said hello, then we saw Kelvin and three boats were all having a good old chat.

Sammy and CFD headed off in search of squid and Kelvin like us headed into Middle harbour in search of kings.

Found out that the odd spots i know seem to be good areas as Kelvin also fishes them, got to the second set of moorings and Kelvin advised us he spotted some fish on the sounder ( Thanks Mate), Unfortunately my mates sounder on his boat is pretty crap and we couldnt see anything but we worked the area anyway and after around 10 minutes got onto a king of around 62cm, Small but hey my mate wanted to have a kingy dinner so it wasnt bad.

We moved around to some other moorings and we got hit by another king this time a little bigger at 72cm, The second king although small at 72cm gave us a pretty good fight and was enjoyable, and the bonus was we got our squid back but it was a bit bruised and battered.

We trolled around for another hour or so with one more hit which didnt eventuate into a hook up then we decided to call it quits. Good day for some crap winds.

Edited by netic

Nice work!

Who is blowing all this wind? I can't believe how windy it has been. It seems like everytime I go out the wind blows and weren't the fish timid today. But NO complaints if you are catching some! CHeers Kelvin

Edited by namesay

Nice work!

Who is blowing all this wind? I can't believe how windy it has been. It seems like everytime I go out the wind blows and weren't the fish timid today. But NO complaints if you are catching some! CHeers Kelvin

I cannot remember an october when it blew so much!! It has blown 20 knots + almost every day this month.

Good going Netic, goes to show that you do not need to be too familiar with an area to score good fish.

Assistance from guys who know their stuff and area always helps too.

Look forward to reading more about your trips outside. I bet you are itching to get back out to chase the school of Kings down around south head.

Good going Netic, goes to show that you do not need to be too familiar with an area to score good fish.

Assistance from guys who know their stuff and area always helps too.

Look forward to reading more about your trips outside. I bet you are itching to get back out to chase the school of Kings down around south head.

Yeah i am, if these damn winds ease,

This year i will be doing the majority of my fishing offshore chasing game fish, i only plan to fish in shore when it is too rough outside. And also plan to get me some big offshore kings but time will tell.

Unfortunately i can only get out on weekends for the next few months so it the weather is bad on a weekend i cant fish that week.

good stuff netic,

was good to run into you again and thanks for showing us where the fish were,

too bad we had no squid but ur a good bloke for sharing what would normally be seen as "sacred info"

we had an interesting event back at the boat ramp too, one that saved me close to $1000 :074:

CFD

Mate what happened at the ramp