Hc Bay 'the Real Deal'

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

Yesterday on high tide finally had my first fish at the famous HC Bay and i was not disapointed.

NE was blowing its nut off, so headed to the northern shore on Jewy's advice. Started with a pumkin BM and made my way round towards the bridge. Bites were hard to detect under the heaving swell but sure enough close to the wall my first HC Bream scoffed my offering and fought hard. :biggrin2:

post-2475-1162335336_thumb.jpg

As i continued round the wind seem to pick up, so after a few unsucessful flicks under the trees i headed back towards the start. Changed to a 3'minnow grub in watermelon and almost instantly the resident flatties were climbing all over it :thumbup: After landing three smallish flatties i felt a heavy :bump0ee: and soon had this good sized lizard :thumbup:

post-2475-1162335372_thumb.jpg

Then to end the trip my new PB bream just nailed the minnow grub at my feet and went balistic tearing off drag. :yahoo: Eventually he settled down and i took a few happy snaps, and sent the old man on his way. A serious bream and very well fed by the look of him .

post-2475-1162335355_thumb.jpg

Yes Raiders Hen and Chicken Bay is indeed the real deal.

And what about all those big mullet jumping all over the place, has any body hooked one?,they would be fun.

very nice work.

I will have to try out this H&C bay!!!

I may have a flick around maybe Friday arvo, anybody keen to shop me the ropes?

Hopefully I will have my new setup ready for "testing" (Shimano Starlo Stix, Shimano Symetre, 8lb braid) hehehe

Edited by kantong

..............Yes Raiders Hen and Chicken Bay is indeed the real deal.

And what about all those big mullet jumping all over the place, has any body hooked one?,they would be fun.

Yep,

Used to burley up with bread and use bread flies they pull like a sherman tank on 5-6wt rod. Haven't fished there for several years now. Perhaps I shall give it another go.

Still won't eat the fish from there though, I assume it is still too risky.

Cheers

Trev

Well :thumbup: done mate. Glad I could help.

Very nice Bream & Flattie in that bag. Congrats on the p.b. :yahoo:

I just hope people in general don't start abusing the place. It has become very popular.

Cheers,

Grant.

Place is too good for it's own good, everyone that goes and tries it cleans up on their first attempt.

Just to let you know I didn't catch a thing last time I fished it so it's not guaranteed