Botany Bay.

George

Hi guys,

Had no plans to go out but my brohter arrived back from overseas on Tuesday after six months away,funny enough the 1st thing he said was lets go fishing.

We organised to head out yesterday afternoon.We got to the boat ramp at about 3ish and headed out near Mol Point. By the time we got there the wind had calmed down and looking forward to hopefully a good session.

Dropped in a few lines but nothing for about and 1 hour, next thing you know we hear the magic sound of the reel going,we bring the line up and there it is a trevally 38cm.Over the next 2 hours we ended up catching 11 trevallies between 35 and 44 cm. We also caught 4 flatheads between 38 and 56cm and 1 bream at 34cm.

Probably the best session over the last 6 weeks.

Now for the highlight of the night, i decided to give the SOFT PLASTICS a try.I tried before but my patience was running thin on them. On my 4 cast the rod bends like crazy and after a small fight there you go that was the 44cm trevally, absolutely stoked :yahoo: High fives all around.After a few more casts out another trevally, this time it was 41cm.Totally shocked and thinking to myself these things really work. Next time i head out i think i might use the SP more than pillies.Our session finished roughly at 8ish.We all agreed that we had our share.

I'm also getting my new canopy done tomorrow so can't wait for that.

Cheers

George

Well done on a good session there George.

As Grant said, the more that you use plastics the better your results seem to get.

Edited by rzep

Nice catch and them Trevs mmmmmmm

and dont they pull hard and fight all the way to the boat,

may i ask wat bait u used and was this bait weighted or free floated,

cheers :beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

Guest IFishSick.

Great work on the Trevs. Especially with the SP's, always good to try new things.

I'll have to give em a go next time. :1prop:

Only two of the trevallies were on SP,i'm not sure what type they were because i have no idea where i've put the packet and the rest were on squid and pillies.

The 1st one was just off the bottom and the other would've been around the middle. Got love the fight on those things.

Cheers

George